As revealed in the Roadmap, Genshin Impact’s Patch 1.2 will make its release on December 23, 2020, bringing the new content update to the game – along with new features and quality of life changes.
The upcoming patch 1.2 of Genshin Impact is rumored to unlock a new playable area, story quests, events and we may also see new playable characters and banners. Here is the list of the rumored area and characters coming with update 1.2
- New area: Dragon Spine Mountain.
- New character: Albedo
- New character: Rosaria
Though, not being officially confirmed we are taking all of the rumors with a grain of salt.
However, there are some new features and quality of life changes coming to Genshin Impact with Patch 1.2. And, today we are going to list all of the officially confirmed changes that players can experience firsthand after update 1.2 is rolled out.
Related | Genshin Impact: Zhongli High DPS Build
Genshin Impact developer’s miHoYo shared a developers’ discussion post on their official website that confirms some of the community requested features that are coming in the game – with update 1.2.
Other Important Guides on Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Guide: 10 Tips For New And Veteran Players
- How To Switch Characters In Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact Dendro Characters and Sumeru Region Guide
- Genshin Impact: How To Get 5 Star Characters
- Genshin Impact: 5 Basic & Advanced Tips & Tricks That You Should Know
Genshin Impact Update 1.2 Official Patch Notes
Here is a list of features and quality of life changes coming to Genshin Impact, post-update 1.2.
- Private Chat Function: Chat with your friends privately from the friend’s screen or using a shortcut button.
- Keeping Notes of Friends: Players will be able to select a friend’s avatar and add a name for them. This name will show up in private chats and in the friend list. Given names will only be visible to the player and this feature will help players to keep track of their friends who change their IGN quite often.
- Trackable Pin: Players will be able to track their custom pins/bookmarks in the map by selecting the custom pin and then clicking on navigate.
- Repeat Domains Without Exiting: Option to repeat domain from inside a domain.
- Domain and Leyline Drops are auto-stored in inventory.
- Dialogue Autoplay System: Autoplays the dialogues during a conversation(Missions, NPC interactions, and such other).
- Travel Log section added to the Archive: Dialogues(both Audio and text) from completed Archon Quests and Story Quests can now be revisited using the Travel Log feature.
- Leaving Co-op during domain will no longer interrupt other players. Also, the host will be able to disband the Co-Op Team just by returning to Single Player Mode.
- New Free Acquaint Fate System: Get 1 Acquaint Fate each time players ascend a character to LVL 20, 50, or 70.
Article Updated on December 14, 2020
- Frozen Boar – use pyro character to free frozen boars – for meat.
- Skeletal of Venomous Dragon– Durin (location to mine red chunks).
- Frostarm Lawachurl
- A new Cavern inside Dragonspine – as big as the mountain itself.
- Frost Treasure Hoarders and Fatui.
- A big icy pillar, with blue flowers all-around – that may lead to a dungeon.
- Heat sources to warm characters.
Article Updated on December 16, 2020
New Weapons Coming with Update 1.2
- Snow-Tombed Starsilver – 4-star Claymore.
- Dragonspine Spear – 4-star Polearm.
- Frostbearer – 4-star Catalyst.
- Festering Desire – 4-star Sword.
Other official changes coming to Genshin Impact with update 1.2 will be added to this patch notes list upon official confirmation/reveal.
Genshin Impact is a free to play gacha-based role-playing game currently available on PC, PS4, Android, and iOS.