There are many reasons for Modern Warfare 2 not launching on Xbox, such as you not having an Xbox Live membership and trying to access the online modes, the game servers being down, game-facing issues addressed by developers, minor bugs and glitches caused by your Xbox and so on. This guide will talk about how to fix Modern Warfare 2 not launching on Xbox.
Related | How To Fix MW2 Hueneme Concord Error
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 Not Launching on Xbox
Before you start general troubleshooting to fix Modern Warfare 2 not launching on the Xbox issue, we recommend you check the game server status and the official Twitter handle.
Once that is done, if the servers are doing fine, Xbox Live membership is also active, and you are still facing issues in launching the game, follow the below troubleshooting steps:
Perform a Soft Reset
A soft reset is the best solution to many Xbox issues. Even the Xbox Customer Experience community managers ask players to perform a soft reset when they face Modern Warfare 2 not launching on Xbox issues.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.
- You can also choose Reset and remove everything to perform a complete reset. [For hard Reset]
- The console will reset to its default settings.
Once the console is done with a soft reset, run Modern Warfare 2 and check if the issue is resolved or persists.
Clearing your Xbox cache can also help you fix Modern Warfare 2 not launching on the Xbox issue. To clear your cache, follow the below steps:
- Hold the power button on your Xbox for ten seconds.
- Remove the plug and wait for sixty seconds.
- Now, start the console.
Keep Modern Warfare 2 Updated
Make sure you have the latest update for Modern Warfare 2 installed and your internet connection is working fine.
Try Offline Play
To identify the issue, we recommend you try offline play by clicking on the A button on your controller and then pressing the B button to open a menu with “Go Offline” as an option.
If the game is working in offline mode and the servers are fine, your internet is also fine, and there’s no ongoing maintenance, report the issue to Xbox.
That is it. That concludes our guide on how to fix Modern Warfare 2 not launching on Xbox issue.
While you are here, check out some other guides on COD MW2:
- How To Ping Enemy In Modern Warfare 2
- Is Makarov in COD MW2 Remastered? – Answered
- All COD MW2 Safe Locations and Codes Guide
- Best M4 Loadout in COD MW2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms on October 28, 2022.