Marking enemies, dangers, locations, and other such things during Modern Warfare 2’s Multiplayer matches helps the team in many ways that eventually lead to better communication and winning games. If you are not using a microphone, you can still communicate with your team using the Ping system we find in almost every multiplayer game. In this guide, we explain how to ping enemies and locations in Modern Warfare 2.
How To Ping Enemy In Modern Warfare 2
In Modern Warfare 2, you can Ping enemies with the press of a single button or using the Ping Wheel feature that is available in the game’s Multiplayer mode. When you open the Ping Wheel, you will find four options:
You can use the Watch option to mark enemies and locations. That being said, here is how you can open the Ping Wheel in Modern Warfare 2 on different platforms.
- On PC: You can press the Alt button to open Ping Wheel. Meanwhile, pressing the middle mouse button while aiming at enemies and locations will mark them. Double tab middle mouse to mark danger.
- On Xbox: Press the Up d-pad and then navigate the Ping Wheel options using analog stick.
- On PlayStation: Similar to Xbox, press the Up d-pad button and then navigate the Ping Wheel options using analog stick.
And that is it. That is how you can ping enemies in Modern Warfare 2.
Modern Warfare 2 Ping Wheel Not Appearing Issue: Cannot Mark Enemies
When writing this article, the Modern Warfare 2 Ping Wheel feature was disabled by Infinity Ward as it was causing issues. There is no timeline for when it will get restored. But rest assured, Infinity Ward has released a statement that they are working on fixing the Multiplayer issues.
That is it. That concludes our guide on how to ping enemies in Modern Warfare 2. While you are here, check out some other guides on COD MW2:
- Why Are Weapons Renamed in Call of Duty MW2? – Answered
- Is Makarov in COD MW2 Remastered? – Answered
- All COD MW2 Safe Locations and Codes Guide
- Best M4 Loadout in COD MW2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms on October 28, 2022.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!