Free Fire Max is the latest battle royale title from Garena, featuring enhanced graphics and visual experience. The developers have recently rolled out the “Illuminate” update for Free Fire Max to deliver an entirely new gaming experience to fans.
With the Illuminate patch hitting global servers, Free Fire Max gamers can download the latest update from the Google Play Store and Apple Store. However, sometimes players experience issues while updating the game; in that case, APK and OBB files can be used to install the Free Fire Max Illuminate Update.
Related: Top 5 Characters in Free Fire Max
Here’s a guide to install Free Fire Max Illuminate via APK and OBB files.
How to download Free Fire Max Illuminate Update
Free Fire Max Illuminate update APK file size is around 50 MB, and the OBB file weighs about 750 MB. The update requires approx. 2 GB of free storage in total to accommodate the smartphone.
APK + OBB download link: https://bit.ly/3I72jvn
- Download the APK file of the Garena Free Fire Max Illuminate version from the above link.
- Locate and install the APK file of the game from the file manager.
- If you haven’t enabled the installation of apps from unknown sources, then do it by navigating to Settings > Safety and privacy > Install apps from Unknown Sources.
- After the installation of APK file, move the OBB file to Android > OBB > com.dts.freefiremax.
- Launch the game and login with your account to enjoy the latest Free Fire Max update.
Please note: In case the game file shows an error, “There was a problem parsing the package,” consider downloading the APK and OBB files and installing them again.
The Illuminate patch has brought plenty of new content to the table, such as a new Alpine map, charge buster weapon, revamped shooting grounds, Clash Squad Season 11, and a lot more. In addition, several weapons have been nerfed and buffed in Free Fire’s OB32 update.