Katar is one of the many weapons in Brawlhalla that players can use during matches to gain an advantage over opponents. The Katars are dual-wield knife-like weapons that offer a decent low cover area with very high attack speed. It is one of the best weapons for string-based play and because of that many players prefer katars over other weapons.
To help new and old Brawlhalla players we have gathered a list of the best Katar combos(created by some of the best players) that you can start practicing right now. This combos list will be a series of articles, where we talk about the best combos using different weapons.
Brawlhalla Best Combos Series
- Brawlhalla Best Unarmed Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Sword Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Hammer Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Gauntlets Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Scythe Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Bow Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Blaster(Guns) Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Rocket Lance Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Axe Combos
Glossary of Actions in Brawlhalla
Here is a glossary of different actions and their short forms that you will be seeing in the best combos list.
- NH = Neutral/Up Signature
- DH = Down Signature
- SH = Side Signature
- Light Attacks:
- NL = Neutral Light
- DL = Down Light
- SL = Side Light
- Aerial Attacks
- R = Recovery
- GP = Ground Pound
- NA = Neutral Air
- DA = Down Air
- SA = Side Air
- GC = Gravity Cancel (Spot dodge in air and do a move)
- J = Jump
- DJ= Dash Jump
- FF = Fast Fall
- UD = UP Dodge
- FD = Forward Dodge
- BD = Dodge Away
- DD = Down Dodge
- PU=Pick Up
Best Axe Combos in Brawlhalla
Thanks to the Brawlhalla player and steam user Handsome | SelahW we have a list of some of the best Katar combos in Brawlhalla.
- DA(Grounded)→NL (Depending on where you hit DA, 20-30 damage)
- SL→NL (24 damage)
- NL→DL (25 damage)
- NL→J→R (6 frames, 31 damage)
- SL→DL (24 damage)
- DL→NA (6 frames, 23 damage)
- DA(Grounded)→FD→DL (2 frames, Good combo starter, 17-37 damage)
- NL→J→NA (8 frames, 24 damage)
- DA(Grounded)→FD→SL (4 frames, 16-36 damage)
- NL→J→GC→NL (Spot dodge read after NL, 26 damage)NL→J→GC→SL (Dodge away or turn around for towards reading, 24 damage)NA(Grounded)→DL (2 frames, Good combo starter, 23 damage)
- SA(Grounded)→DL (27 damage)
- GC→SL→NA (5 frames, Good follow-up, 24 damage)
- GC→SL→R (3 frames, Good follow-up, 29 damage)
- DA→NA (Good jump punish, 29 damage)DL→FF→XPivot→DL (Towards or away dodge read, Good combo starter, 24 damage)
- DA→SA (Great DA followup, 5 frames, 33 damage)
- GP→R (2 frames, 37 damage)
- Katar Loop: Use this when your opponent has no dodge to get lots of damage quickly.
DA→FD→DL→J→DA and start over.
If the above Katar combo list doesn’t suit your likings or is hard to visualize or understand. Here is a great video tutorial that will guide you through the learning phase of the best Katar combos.
Brawlhalla is a free-to-play 2D fighting game currently available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Steam, iOS, and Android platforms.