Katar is one of the many weapons in Brawlhalla that players can use during matches to gain an advantage over opponents. The Katars are dual-wield knife-like weapons that offer a decent low cover area with very high attack speed. It is one of the best weapons for string-based play and because of that many players prefer katars over other weapons.
To help new and old Brawlhalla players we have gathered a list of the best Katar combos(created by some of the best players) that you can start practicing right now. This combos list will be a series of articles, where we talk about the best combos using different weapons.
Brawlhalla Best Combos Series
- Brawlhalla Best Unarmed Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Sword Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Hammer Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Gauntlets Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Scythe Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Bow Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Blaster(Guns) Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Rocket Lance Combos
- Brawlhalla Best Axe Combos
Glossary of Actions in Brawlhalla
Here is a glossary of different actions and their short forms that you will be seeing in the best combos list.
- NH = Neutral/Up Signature
- DH = Down Signature
- SH = Side Signature
- Light Attacks:
- NL = Neutral Light
- DL = Down Light
- SL = Side Light
- Aerial Attacks
- R = Recovery
- GP = Ground Pound
- NA = Neutral Air
- DA = Down Air
- SA = Side Air
- GC = Gravity Cancel (Spot dodge in air and do a move)
- J = Jump
- DJ= Dash Jump
- FF = Fast Fall
- UD = UP Dodge
- FD = Forward Dodge
- BD = Dodge Away
- DD = Down Dodge
- PU=Pick Up
Best Axe Combos in Brawlhalla
Thanks to the Brawlhalla player and steam user Handsome | SelahW we have a list of some of the best Katar combos in Brawlhalla.
- DA(Grounded)→NL (Depending on where you hit DA, 20-30 damage)
- SL→NL (24 damage)
- NL→DL (25 damage)
- NL→J→R (6 frames, 31 damage)
- SL→DL (24 damage)
- DL→NA (6 frames, 23 damage)
- DA(Grounded)→FD→DL (2 frames, Good combo starter, 17-37 damage)
- NL→J→NA (8 frames, 24 damage)
- DA(Grounded)→FD→SL (4 frames, 16-36 damage)
- NL→J→GC→NL (Spot dodge read after NL, 26 damage)NL→J→GC→SL (Dodge away or turn around for towards reading, 24 damage)NA(Grounded)→DL (2 frames, Good combo starter, 23 damage)
- SA(Grounded)→DL (27 damage)
- GC→SL→NA (5 frames, Good follow-up, 24 damage)
- GC→SL→R (3 frames, Good follow-up, 29 damage)
- DA→NA (Good jump punish, 29 damage)DL→FF→XPivot→DL (Towards or away dodge read, Good combo starter, 24 damage)
- DA→SA (Great DA followup, 5 frames, 33 damage)
- GP→R (2 frames, 37 damage)
- Katar Loop: Use this when your opponent has no dodge to get lots of damage quickly.
DA→FD→DL→J→DA and start over.
If the above Katar combo list doesn’t suit your likings or is hard to visualize or understand. Here is a great video tutorial that will guide you through the learning phase of the best Katar combos.
Brawlhalla is a free-to-play 2D fighting game currently available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Steam, iOS, and Android platforms.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!