The launch of Steve from Minecraft into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate also introduced a few major glitches to the game, which isn’t too surprising, considering how different the character is from the rest of the roster.
Among these glitches were a couple that made Steve extremely powerful, so match that most character were invalidated just by this glitchy technique. As such, Nintendo couldn’t wait too long to release a new update that fixed these issues.
The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.1 update fixes the major glitch that allowed Steve to make his opponent fall through the floor of any stage. The update also fixes Steve’s victory screen and a few other glitches that you can find detailed below.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available on Nintendo Switch worldwide.