Rocket League is coming to mobile devices in a few months, and it will be called Rocket League Sideswipe. The developers Psyonix recently announced that the upcoming mobile title would provide a standalone Rocket League experience built from the ground up for mobile platforms.
The game will have various new features and modes like 1v1 and 2v2 matches. On top of this, each Rocket League Sideswipe match will be fast-paced, equivalent to 2 minutes that you can play with friends near or far with the help of online servers. Players can also expect an online Ranking system for competitive play.
Note: Rocket League Sideswipe is only available for two regions – Australia and New Zealand.
How to Download Rocket League Sideswipe?
Psyonix, the developers behind Rocket League Sideswipe, will launch the game later this year for free on iOS and Android. However, players in Australia and New Zealand can join the limited-time Regional Alpha test on Android via the Google Play Store.
Here are the steps to download Rocket League Sideswipe:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Type “Rocket League Sideswipe“ in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Open the relevant result and press the Install button.
- Once the installation completes, launch Rocket League Sideswipe from the home screen.
- Login to the Guest account and start playing.
Note: If you can’t find the game in Google Play Store, it means the Regional Limited Alpha for Rocket League Sideswipe has already had enough testers.
Rocket League Sideswipe: System Requirements
Here are the Minimum Requirements for Rocket League Sideswipe for both Android and iOS.
- Android version: 6.0 or higher
- RAM: 2GB or more
- Connectivity: Strong WiFi connection recommended
- Storage Space: –
Right now, Regional Limited Alpha is only for Android devices. Hence, the minimum requirement for iOS devices hasn’t been unveiled officially.
Rocket League Sideswipe Gameplay
How to create Epic Games account for Rocket League Sideswipe?
As mentioned on the official game’s FAQ page, players will need a full Epic Games Account to play the Rocket League Sideswipe. Here’s how to create one for you:
- Go to www.epicgames.com.
- Click on Sign In in the top right section of the screen.
- Press the Sign Up button at the end.
- Fill in all the personal details and hit the Submit button.
- Verify your E-Mail address, and you’re done.
The email you use must not already be registered to another Epic Games Account and must be a valid email that only you have access to.