A Pylon is a furniture item in Terraria that allows players to teleport from one Pylon to another. The Pylon and related term Pylon Network is a relatively new addition to Terraria. In the wake of that, many players aren’t aware of what is a pylon network. Or how to make a pylon network in Terraria.
To help you out, we have prepared a guide on how to make a Pylon Network. Whilst answering some of the most asked questions.
What is a Pylon Network in Terraria?
Just as the name suggests, a Pylon Network is nothing but a system of Pylons used for teleportation purposes. When you have two or more Pylons in a world, it forms a Pylon Network.
How to get Pylons in Terraria?
In Terraria, players can get Pylons from NPC merchants, granted they have a sufficient level of happiness. If you don’t know how to increase the level of Happiness of NPCs in Terraria, check out our guide Terraria NPC Happiness Guide: How to Keep Your NPCs Happy.
That aside, we also have a dedicated guide on Pylons, which you can check here – Terraria Pylon Guide: How to Obtain and Use Pylons.
Making a Pylon Network in Terraria
There are certain requirements and restrictions that you must fulfill and follow to make a Pylon Network.
- Pylons can only be used if there are at least two NPCs nearby.
- Pylon must be within range of living or housed NPCs, at least 169-tile wide by 124-tile high rectangle centered on each pylon.
- We have biome specific pylons and they work in their respective biomes only.
- A pylon can be used when there is at least one other pylon in the game world to form a Pylon network.
- Each biome can only have one pylon.
- The Pylon network cannot be used during boss fights or invasions, both ongoing and just announced.
- Pylons can be bought and sold from NPC merchants only if an NPC has a sufficient level of happiness.
With all that requirements and restrictions taken into account, players can set two Pylons in a world to make a Pylon Network.
That’s all for now. While you are here, read our guide on every Grappling Hook in this game.