Having more FPS in competitive multiplayer shooter games like Overwatch 2 is a must. However, like any live-service title launch, Overwatch 2’s launch was messy. Players got stuck in long waiting queues; they got server errors, some people started DDoS attacks on the game servers, Skins and Cosmetics were not loading, FPS issues and other bugs that made the first experience a rather unpleasant one. While many of these issues are out of our control, we can tell you how to get more FPS in Overwatch 2.
How To Get More FPS In Overwatch 2
When you launch Overwatch 2 for the first time, you will notice that the game is locked at 60 FPS, and even after lowering the in-game Graphics Settings, you are still at 60 FPS and have no change in performance. So, in that case, here is how you can get more FPS in Overwatch 2.
How To Get More FPS In Overwatch 2 On PC
- Open Overwatch 2.
- Press the ESC button to open the Menu.
- Navigate to Options > Video.
- Turn Off V Sync.
- Set Frame Rate Settings to Custom.
- Move the Desired Frame Rate and Expected Frame Rate sliders per your needs.
That is it. Doing so will unlock the FPS in Overwatch 2, and now you will get more FPS. Depending on your Hardware, adjust the Graphics Settings to further improved the FPS output in Overwatch 2.
How To Get More FPS In Overwatch 2 On Xbox And PlayStation
To get more FPS in Overwatch 2 on consoles like Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, change the Video Settings to Framerate mode. Sadly, on Nintendo Switch, there is nothing much you can do to improve the game’s performance.
Here are some other Overwatch 2 guides that might come in handy:
- Does Overwatch 2 on PS5 Have 120 or 60 FPS? – Answered
- Can you Play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck? – Answered
- Does Overwatch 2 Have a Competitive Party Limit? – Answered
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 Authenticator Not Working
Overwatch 2 is available on the PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch platforms.