Wyvern is an Asian white dragon that spawns in hard mode at a certain height (approximately at the level of the floating islands and higher). It drops a fairly large amount of gold and other pleasant rewards. Therefore, in this guide, we will tell you how to find a wyvern in Terraria.
How to Find a Wyvern in Terraria
Everything is pretty simple here – this wyvern in Terraria spawns randomly. You just need to fulfill several requirements:
- You need to be in a hard mode.
- You must stay on a floating island or close to it.
- There should be no friendly NPCs near you.
- There should be no player-built walls nearby.
After this, just stay and wait for the mini-boss. You may need more than half an hour of real-time for it to spawn.
RELATED: How to Get Mana Crystals in Terraria
Tactics on How to Kill a Wyvern in Terraria
The wyvern in Terraria acts like a World Eater, but its movements are not limited by blocks. It deals very serious damage, so it is recommended to dodge its attacks. It is best to use magic weapons and ranged weapons against it. Besides this, make sure to do the following:
- It is not recommended to go into closed rooms, as the wyvern can fly through the blocks. This way, you will drive yourself into a trap.
- Try to dodge its attacks. For this, it is better to have spectral boots or jet boots with wings.
- Use powerful ranged weapons like the Crossbow with Hellfire Arrows.
- Being in zero gravity (closer to the top edge of the map) will greatly facilitate the fight with the wyvern. It will be easier for you to dodge.
- Do not use the magic mirror in battle, as the wyvern will fly to your home and can kill all NPCs.
- Use the gravity potion, greater healing potion and the iron skin potion in the battle. Here is our guide on how to make potions.
- Use the star cannon on a surface and try to make the wyvern fly directly at you. If you shoot correctly, it will take about 400-500 of its HP.
This is everything you need to know about the wyvern mini-boss in Terraria, how to find and kill it. While you are here, make sure to read our guide on a Toch God event in Terraria.