Free Fire’s New Age proved to be a great success for the developers as it garnered millions of downloads in just a few hours. Garena has rolled out yet another “Illuminate” update for Free Fire to deliver an entirely new gaming experience to fans.
With the Illuminate patch hitting global servers, Free Fire gamers can download the latest update from the Google Play Store and Apple Store. However, sometimes players experience issues while updating the game; in that case, APK and OBB files can be used to install the Free Fire Illuminate Update.
Here’s a guide to install Free Fire Illuminate via APK and OBB files.
How to download Free Fire Illuminate Update
Free Fire Illuminate update APK file size is around 50 MB, and the OBB file weighs around 750 MB. The update requires approx. 2 GB of free storage in total to accommodate the smartphone.
- Download the APK file of the Garena Free Fire Illuminate version from the above link.
- Locate and install the APK file of the game from the file manager.
- If you haven’t enabled the installation of apps from unknown sources, then do so by navigating to Settings > Safety and privacy > Install apps from Unknown Sources.
- After the installation of APK file, move the OBB file to Android > OBB > com.dts.freefireth.
- Launch the game and login with your account to enjoy the latest Free Fire update.
Please note: In case the game file shows an error, “There was a problem parsing the package,” consider downloading the APK and OBB files and install them again.
The Illuminate has brought plenty of new content to the table, such as the new Nairi character, Yeti pet, Mac 10 weapon, Scooter vehicle, and a lot more. In addition, several weapons have been nerfed and buffed in Free Fire’s Illuminate update.