The action role-playing game Trials of Mana, remake of the third entry in the Mana series developed by Square Enix, received new content today thanks to a brand new update.
The 1.10 update, which was announced a few days back, introduces two new difficulty levels called No Future and Expert. These two new difficulty settings promise to finally make the game challenging, as they introduce some tweaks to boss battles, make some abilities unavailable but also provide some new details to even out the odds.
“No Future” difficulty added:
- Enemies and bosses are much harder to defeat.
- Only selectable when starting a New Game Plus and reverting back to level 1.
- Certain abilities are unavailable.
- Number of items available during battle is reduced to three.
- Time limits on boss battles.
- Length of time the attack range is displayed is reduced for some bosses.
- Rainbow Item Seeds may yield stronger versions of the same gear obtainable in other difficulties.
- Two new Chain Abilities added.
The Trials of Mana 1.10 update also brings some new features like the ability to skip class change animations, the ability to revert to level 1 on New Game Plus and more.
- “Expert” difficulty added when starting a New Game Plus.
- Switching classes animation and credits are now skippable.
- You will be able to access the costumes you have unlocked after resetting your class or restarting on New Game Plus. (Only applicable to costumes of classes switched to after the update. They can be changed after your first class switch.)
- You can choose to revert to level 1 when starting a New Game Plus.
- New goddess statues added to the map.
Trials of Mana is now available on Nintendo Switch as well as on PC and PlayStation 4 worldwide.