Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is continuing to receive excellent support from Nintendo with constant updates, and a new one is now live worldwide, bringing fixes to the game.
The 9.0.2 update is not a particularly big update, as it only seems to bring some fixes to the game. Nintendo, however, suggested players save their replays in video format a few days ago, so there are sure to be some balance tweaks into the update.
These balance changes, however, are not documented in the official update notes, which you can read in full below.
- Fixed an issue where you could not use the stick to jump while falling after creating an anvil using the down air attack.
- Fixed an issue where the gunman from Duck Hunt’s down special and the phantom from Zelda’s down special were not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the initial velocity of Samus’s and Dark Samus’s up special when used on the ground was not behaving as intended.
- Fixed an issue where fighters would sometimes warp on the Venom stage.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes fighters would pass through landscapes when they were launched on some stages.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes you would be forced to end a battle on a stage created in Stage Builder.
- Various gameplay fixes.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available on Nintendo Switch worldwide.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!