While playing the Hero game mode in Splatoon 3, players can unlock new traits for their Hero Gear to get increased offensive and defensive attributes that greatly help them in battle. As a result, we are here with our guide on how to upgrade Hero Gear in Splatoon 3 to make things simpler for you.
How to Upgrade Hero Gear In Splatoon 3
In Splatoon 3, you can upgrade your Hero Gear in the game’s Hero Mode using Upgrade Points and Sardinium, which players find while exploring the different locations in the game. There are around twenty upgrades that you can unlock on a Hero Gear. They all are branched to form a tree-like system where you must unlock the previous Hero Gear upgrade to unlock the ones next in line in the upgrade tree.
- Getting useless secondary Abilities for your gears in Splatoon 3? Do you want to reroll Ability Slots in Splatoon 3? If yes! Then check out our guide on Splatoon 3: How to Reroll Ability Slots for more details.
Now that you know how you can upgrade Hero Gear in Splatoon 3? Which of the upgrades should you unlock first? Well! If we were you, we would go for the following upgrades for our Hero Gear.
- Suit Recovery Up: Unlocking this upgrade will help you recover armor faster after getting damaged.
- Ink Tank Capacity Up: Unlocking this upgrade helps you get more Ink-Tank Capacity, allowing you to splat more than before.
- Better Hero Shot: Getting this upgrade for your Hero Gear will increase the fire rate and eventually damage dealt with your Splats.
- Smallfry Damage Up: Increasing your Smallfry’s damage is always a good thing—as it allows you to deal more damage to enemies than before.
- Ink Saver: As the name suggests, unlocking this upgrade will help you save Ink while performing attacks.
So the above are the Hero Gear upgrades we recommend players to unlock first. That said, now you know how to upgrade Hero Gear in Splatoon 3, along with some tips on which upgrades you should unlock first.
Splatoon 3 is currently available on the Nintendo Switch platform.