Rocket League has become a household name since its original release, and now thousands upon thousands of players enjoy the game daily on PC and consoles, patiently waiting for the latest update to enjoy new features and content. And the return of features that mysteriously vanished.
The new Rocket League 1.88 update is now live on all formats, including Nintendo Switch, bringing new content, features and fixes. The update also brings back the split-screen mode that was removed from the Switch version with a previous update.
The full Rocket League 1.88 full update notes can be found right below, courtesy of developer Psyonix itself.
- ‘Jack Newsome’
- ‘Rome in Silver’
- ‘Sullivan King’
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Tactical Quick Chat
- A new ‘Tactical Quick Chat Only,” option is now available under Settings > Gameplay > Text Chat
- When enabled, all chat messages will be invisible to you except the following Quick Chats:
- All yours.
- Go for it!
- I got it!
- In position.
- Need boost!
- Take the shot!
- On your left.
- On your right.
- The Esports Shop has been redesigned from the ground up
- The Shop is now separated into regions — North America and Europe
- Each team is fully visible in their region’s part of the Esports Shop
- Item rotation has been removed
- All available items can be purchased directly from your favorite team’s Esports Shop page
- Made several aesthetic and color changes
- Changed name of ‘Options’ to ‘Settings’ in the main menu and throughout the game
- In the post-match screen, a new ‘Options’ button displays the following:
- Mute/Report Player
- Change Presets
- Splitscreen play is back!
- Fixed a bug causing tabs to automatically scroll with viewing inventory
- Adjusted exhaust flames on the Imperator DT5
Rocket League is now available on Nintendo Switch as well as on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.