Tencent Games has pretty much revealed the whole content they’re adding to the next major PUBG Mobile update via 1.3 Beta patch notes. The developers have added a host of new features, including the new Karakin classic map, Demolition Zone, Sticky Bomb, Motor Glider aircraft, and much more. The latest PUBG Mobile 1.3 Beta update is now available for download, and any player can participate in the testing phase.
Here’s a detailed overview of what’s new in PUBG Mobile’s 1.3 Beta version.
PUBG Mobile 1.3 Beta Patch Notes
New Classic Mode map – Karakin
- Karakin is located on the coast of North Africa. It stretches two square kilometers and is dry, open, and filled with rocks.
- A maximum of 64 players can participate in each match. The Demolition Zone mechanic will be in effect on Karakin.
- It will become PUBG Mobile’s sixth battle royale map after Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi, and Livik.
New mechanic: Demolition Zone
- The Demolition Zone can instantly turn Karakin’s buildings to ashes.
- The Demolition Zone was designed to make players leave their buildings. It causes random damage to buildings, and may even completely destroy them and everything in it.
- The process of buildings turning into ruins happens in real-time during the match. Even during the late game, buildings here may still disappear at any time.
- If you find yourself in a purple area on the Mini-map when the alarm sounds, escape immediately.
New mechanic: Thin Wall Bullet Penetration
- Tencent has added bullet penetration to thin walls in Karakin.
- You will be able to damage enemies hiding behind certain walls.
New throwable: Sticky Bomb
- Tencent has added Sticky Bombs and walls that can be destroyed by them to Karakin.
- Sticky Bombs can stick to walls and blow them up. This will introduce more exciting gameplay for players to experiment with.
- After blowing them up, the broken buildings will provide more shooting angles for defending players to crouch behind.
- The Sticky Bomb creates more options for players when attacking buildings.
- Several “hidden spaces” that can only be accessed by blowing up some walls have also been added to Karakin.
New firearm: Panzerfaust
- The Panzerfaust will spawn around Karakin at low rates and is a fixed drop from airdrops.
- The Panzerfaust uses rockets that explode on-hit.
- It deals damage to targets within six meters of the impact point.
- The Panzerfaust’s rockets can damage thin walls and penetrate objects at short distances.
- Like Sticky Bombs, the Panzerfaust can be used to destroy specific walls in Karakin.
- The Panzerfaust is a single-use weapon. After using it, the player will automatically lose the launcher and be unable to use it again.
- Launching a rocket from the Panzerfaust causes a wake. This wake will damage all characters within three meters from the back of the launcher.
- Therefore, when using the Panzerfaust, make sure to pay attention to whether there are any walls or friendlies behind you.
- The Panzerfaust can be adjusted to shoot 60, 100, or 150 meters.
New firearm: Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle
- The Mosin Nagant will only spawn on Erangel and Vikendi.
- It is a 7.62mm bolt-action sniper rifle as powerful as the Kar98K, but its bullets fly faster and lose less damage over distance.
- It can eliminate an unarmored target with a single shot from long distances.
New vehicle: Motor Glider
- The Motor Glider will randomly spawn around Erangel and Miramar.
- The Motor Glider is a 2-person-vehicle that consists of a front seat for the driver and a back seat where players can use weapons as they please.
- To take off, the Motor Glider must gain enough speed, and then the driver must press the up button to raise the nose.
- The Motor Glider’s fuel consumption is directly related to engine speed. The faster you fly, the more fuel will be consumed. It is always a good idea to fill up the Motor Glider’s tank before stepping on the accelerator.
- The Motor Glider will bring exciting transportation methods and tactical changes. You can also enjoy the beautiful scenery while gliding around.
New Arena map: Code-C
- The new Arena map, Code-C is small in size and has staggered passages suited to extremely fast-paced play.
- This map is especially suitable for players who like to participate in fierce battles.
- It has enough space to use assault rifles, sub-machine guns (SMGs), and sniper rifles.