Pocket Mortys, adult swim’s Pokemon-style game based on the popular Rick and Morty challenges us to capture or collect 82 Mortys, evolve them and battle them for supremacy (and a Portal Gun). There are some really interesting elements that come into play, with some Mortys being better than the others, and I am here to share with you not only the complete list of Pocket Mortys characters that you can collect, but also a guide to evolving them and how evolution work in the game, as well as a few tips and tricks for your Mortys, how to collect them all quickly and how to get the most out of them and, overall, the game.
Have in mind that it will get more and more difficult for you to collect the rarer Mortys, while some will take an eternity to even find in the game, but that’s the whole point of the game. The good thing is that, once you get back your Portal Gun, things will get easier as you will be allowed to create a portal in a new dimension whenever you want to – making the search for new Mortys a lot easier.
Before we get to check out the complete list of Mortys in Pocket Mortys (all characters), you should know how evolution works: combining two Mortys of the same type gives you a new Morty that’s rarer and of a higher level. In other words, combining 2 Scruffy Mortys will give you not another Scruffy Morty, but one Unkempt Morty. Combining two of those will give you a Hobo Morty (each better than the previous ones). Pretty interesting!
Now these being said, let’s check out the complete list of Pocket Mortys characters and how they evolve:
1. Morty – the starting Morty. No Element, No evolution
2. Scruffy Morty – Rock Element. Evolves to Unkempt Morty. Evolves to Hobo Morty.
3. Old Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to Geriatric Morty. Evolves to Ancient Morty.
4. Rabbit Morty – Scissors Element. Evolves into Evil Rabbit Morty.
5. No Eye Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to One Eye Morty. Evolves to Three Eyes Morty
6. Test X1 Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to Test X47 Morty. Evolves to Test X72 Morty.
7. Self Defense Morty – Rock Element. Evolves to Karate Morty. Evolves to No Mercy Morty
8. Mustache Morty – Scissors Element. Evolves to Beard Morty. Evolves to Hipster Morty.
9. Ad Space Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to Jerry’s Game Morty. Evolves to Pocket Mortys Morty.
10. Blue Shirt Morty – Paper Element. Evolves into Red Shirt Morty. Evolves into Green Shirt Morty. Evolves into Purple Shirt Morty. Evolves into Rainbow Shirt Morty.
11. Exo-Alpha Morty – Scissors. Evloves to Exo-Omega Morty. Evolves to Exo-Prime Morty.
12. Spoon Morty – Rock Element. Evolves to Fork Morty. Evolves to Spork Morty.
13. Peace Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to Hippie Morty. Evolves to Off The Grid Morty.
14. Big Head Morty – Rock Element. Evolves to Giant Head Morty. Evolves to Colossal Head Morty.
15. Spooky Morty – Paper Element. Evolves to Ghostly Morty. Evolves to Phantom Morty.
16. Double Morty – Scissors. Evolves to Triple Morty. Evolves to Multi Morty.
17. Greaser Morty – Rock. Evolves to Biker Morty
18. Stray Cat Morty – Scissors. Evolves to Two Cat Morty. Evolves to Crazy Cat Morty.
19. Buff Morty – Rock. Evolves to Wrestler Morty.
20. Veiny Morty – Scissors. Evolves to No Skin Morty. Evolves to Skeleton Morty.
21. Magic Morty – Rock. Evolves to Mystic Morty. Evolves to Wizard Morty.
22. Telepathic Morty – Scissors. Evolves to Telekinetic Morty. Evolves to Psychokinetic Morty.
23. Swimmer Morty – Rock. Evolves to Mermaid Morty. Evolves to Reverse Mermaid Morty.
24. Business Morty – Paper. No evolution
25. Gaseous Morty – Rock. No evolution.
26. Sausage Morty – Scissors. No evolution.
27. Shadow Morty – Scissors. No evolution.
28. Aqua Morty – Paper. No evolution.
29. Cyclops Morty – Scissors. No evolution.
30. Mini Morty – Rock. NO evolution.
31. Cowboy Morty – Paper. No Evolution
32. Hammerhead Morty – Rock. NO evolution.
33. Guard Morty – Scissors. No evolution.
34. Cronenberg Morty – No Element, no evolution.
35. Mascot Morty – Paper. No evolution.
36. Egg Morty – Rock. Evolves into The One True Morty.
37. Robot Morty – Scissor Type (thanks to our readers!)
Tips for collecting all Mortys in the game
– Get all the characters that you can find as soon as possible. Make sure you always have a couple Morty Manipulator Chips on you at all times, in case you meet a Morty you haven’t captured yet.
– Capture doubles and start early on to go for them. It not only helps to unlock rarer characters, but you will also get better chances to win all your duels, because sending a hobo Morty in battle is certainly better than sending a Scruffy one!
– Apparently, some Mortys can only be gained by using coupons at the Blips and Chitz. You will get some free coupons as you play the game, but you can always buy more for real money. All Coupons will give you a Morty.
– Once you max out an evolution chain (Scruffy – Unkempt – Hobo), stop collecting those Morys as you no longer need them. Focus on others and things will get a lot easier once you get the Portal Gun. When you do, simply enter a new dimension and avoid fights as much as possible. All you should care about is finding Mortys you haven’t found already – if they’re not there, use the Portal Gun, get back to the Citadel, then use the portal for another dimension as well. Rinse and repeat and eventually – but not too soon – you will get all the Mortys in the game.
Did you manage to find any tricks or shortcuts for collecting the rarer Mortys in the game? Let us know by commenting below!