Minecraft has got to be one of the games that has been supported for the longest time. Ever since its release, developer Mojang provided new content and fixes to the game in a very timely fashion, always giving players something to look forward too.
Today, the Nintendo Switch version of the game has been update to version 1.16.210. The new update introduced changes and tweaks, such as the ability to experience ambient sounds in the nether and a text-to-speech volume slider in the Audio Settings.
Vanilla Parity Changes and Fixes:
- Players now experience ambient sounds in the Nether
- Mobile players need to update the Minecraft Original Music Pack via the Marketplace to hear these new sounds
- Using bone meal in warm ocean biomes now only generates sea grass, coral, and coral fans
- Added F11 as a keyboard shortcut for Full Screen mode
- Added text-to-speech volume slider in Audio Settings
- Android Devices
- Our ability to support Android devices on KitKat OS or below is coming to an end.
- Players running this KitKat OS or below are not able to purchase a Realm from that device
The Minecraft 1.16.210 update introduces many stability improvements and tons of other fixes. You can check out the full update notes on the game’s official website.
Minecraft is now available on Nintendo Switch and every other modern gaming console and smart device.