Being one of the most sought-after MOBA games, League of Legends was bound to get a mobile version. The League of Legends Wild Rift is the nuanced version of the original game that features similar battle arenas, heroes, enemies, and much more.
League of Legends: Wild Rift is a MOBA game where good strategies, teamwork, game knowledge, player control, and such other aspects lead to victory. Though one of the most important aspects that define win or loss in any multiplayer game is the FPS.
When it comes down to FPS(Frames per second) in League of Legends or any other multiplayer game – we should always aim for high FPS, an ideal number would be 90 plus. But, in the case of League of Legends Wild Rift, the players are restricted to 60FPS.
The FPS lock for League of Legends Wild Rift is understandable, to target a large audience the game should run smoothly on even low-end devices. But, what about the manufacturers that do offer mobile phones with 90 Hz / 120 Hz display support?. There are brands like One Plus, Asus, and a few others who offer high-end mobile phones, especially for gaming.
Moreover, there are many mobile phone users who opt for high-end devices for gaming. So, for such players – playing a game like League of Legends Wild Rift at 60 FPS is nothing but ignominy.
Though, thanks to a Reddit user who goes by the name nichia0, we have a working tweak – that enables players to run League of Legends Wild Rift at 90 or 120 FPS.
How to unlock FPS (90/120 FPS) in Wild Rift!
The League of Legends Wild Rift FPS unlock tweak found by user nichia0 is simple and only involves a few steps, moreover, the best part about the tweak is that – it doesn’t require a rooted android device.
So, without any further ado let us see what are the steps nichia0 had mentioned to achieve 120 FPS in League of Legends Wild Rift.
Note: Before moving on with the step, make sure to turn League of Legends Wild Rift’s in-game settings to low or medium – to avoid overheating the phone.
- Go to the folder Android > data > com.riotgames.league.wildrift > files > SaveData > Local
- There should be at least two folders with numbers in there, open both and look for the folder that only contains the “Settings” file (not the folder with Chat, Common, TutorialData, etc.)
- Open the file called “Settings” with a text editor of your choice.
- Find the text line that says “frequencyMode”:false/true,”
- Replace (false/true) with a number of your choice, here are the corresponding numbers for the frames: 0 – 30 FPS, 1 – 60 FPS, 2 – 90 FPS, 3 – 120FPS
- Example: I want to unlock my FPS to 120FPS, so I change the text to “frequencyMode”:3.
And, that’s all – we have mentioned the original post link down below, if this guide helped you achieving 120 FPS in League of Legends Wild Rift, make sure to thank nichia0 over reddit.
League of Legends Wild Rift is currently available in selected regions of the world on Android and iOS platforms.