The Aspen Dungeon is a new addition to Idle Heroes and a really interesting minigame that really puts the strength of your heroes to a test. For that reason, we’ve decided to create a guide for the Idle Heroes Aspen Dungeon so that you can go as far as possible and get the best rewards.
Don’t forget that we have already shared a few guides for this great game and if you want to check them out, you can click on the following links (articles open in new tabs): general tips & tricks for all players, how to get 5 star heroes in the game and tips & tricks for the best line-up of heroes.
With these in mind, let’s see what can be done to improve our chances of defeating all those incoming waves of enemies in the Aspen Dungeon of Idle Heroes. Check out our guide and feel free to add any additional advice you might have for fellow players by commenting below.
How does the Aspen Dungeon work?
The Aspen Dungeon only opens every 48 hours and is available for 48 hours afterwards. During this time, you must defeat as many waves as possible of the incoming enemies, but there’s a catch!
You must select a team of only 5 heroes that will go to battle, fighting against wave after wave. For each wave, though, you select one hero to fight and their health does not regenerate until a new dungeon is open. This makes the whole thing a lot more challenging than most would like them to be, but with the proper tactics and planning, you can go really far.
This can happen because you have various items to collect after successfully defeating each wave, while also getting a chance of getting a Potion or a Merchant, which will make everything a bit easier for your heroes.
Now that we know what the Aspen Dungeon is, let’s find out how to get as far as possible!
Idle Heroes Aspen Dungeon Guide
1. First and most important is the fact that the heroes you select to go in battle won’t have their stats altered even if you change their equipment or level them up after sending them to the Aspen Dungeon. Therefore, it’s vital to make sure that you have them maxed out before starting the trial.
2. Since the health of your heroes doesn’t regenerate automatically after each battle, it is essential to do your best to keep your heroes alive for as long as possible. For this reason, having a good hero with healing abilities is extremely important.
Also, you will get health potions every now and then, which you can obviously use to heal your heroes. Make sure that you use them at the perfect time and never waste health points. For example, if your potion heals more than the health lost, that is a waste of potion. Always wait until you get the optimum amount of health per potion.
The same goes for the Angel potion. Don’t use it until your health is very low, close to 10-15%. Don’t risk it either if your health is extremely low before starting a fight and remember that keeping a hero alive is more important than potentially wasting some health points from your potion. But for most of the time, make sure that you optimize usage in order to get as far as possible.
3. There is currently a bug in the game that sometimes sees Milk Potions left intact when all your heroes die carry over to the next dungeon. If you’re one of the happy people getting this, enjoy it and put it to good use. But have in mind that this is a bug and not a feature, so don’t try to save your potions in order to get a better chance at the next Dungeon’s opening because chances are slim they’ll carry over.
4. Use Boost Potions ASAP. I am talking here about the Speed, Power and Critical Potions. These give a permanent boost to all your heroes, but you can only use a maximum of 20 for each dungeon. You don’t really have a choice here, but if you do, focus on the Speed and Attack potions because these have in the long term the biggest effect in battle.
And since these boosts affect all your heroes as soon as you use them, don’t hesitate and use them as soon as you get them!
5. There is a really useful trick to beat very difficult waves with healers that seem impossible to beat. That can sometimes be achieved with a lot of planning and using Demon Potions. These potions are extremely useful as they restore 50% of your hero’s health, but also give you extra energy.
The interesting part comes from the fact that the energy gains stack and your hero will do more damage if they go over 100%. In other words, if one of your heroes already has a full bar of energy and you use 1 Demon Potion, the skill will deal 150% more damage and the effects stack with multiple potions. This can prove extremely useful when battling healers, if you’re having a tough time getting past them.
So this would be it in terms of tips and tricks for making your run in the Idle Heroes Aspen Dungeon last as long as possible. It’s a real challenge for sure, but one I am sure you’ll gladly take. If you have anything else to add, don’t hesitate to do so in the comment section below.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!