Minecraft 1.20 is an upcoming major update for the game that will add new mobs, locations, entities, items, blocks, and a myriad of other things that players are excited about. As a result, many players want to know how to download Minecraft 1.20 on their respective platforms.
Related | How to Play Old Versions of Minecraft
How to Download Minecraft 1.20
When writing this guide, Minecraft 1.20 was not yet officially available and is slated to release sometime in 2023. However, you can try out the beta version, aka Minecraft Preview, to experience the upcoming update ahead of its official release.
Depending on the platform, there have different ways to get into Minecraft beta.
- Android: Purchase the game from Google Play Store, scroll down, and tap “Join the Beta.”
- iOS: You can join the beta via Test Flight.
- PC: Get Minecraft Preview via Minecraft Launcher.
- Xbox: Search and download Minecraft Preview from Microsoft Store.
Once you become a beta tester, you must enable experimental features in-game to try the new beta content. If you don’t know how to activate experimental features, follow the below steps:
- Open Minecraft and “Create New World” or “Edit World” setting.
- For a New World, go to the “Game” setting.
- Navigate to “Experiments” and toggle it on.
- You will get the prompt asking, “Activate Experimental Gameplay?”
- Click on “Activate Experiments,” and you are good to go.
Note: If you are enabling Experiments in an existing world, the game will create a copy of that world with the beta contents unlocked.
Once the Minecraft 1.20 update releases, players can download it from official stores. Or, update the currently installed version to the latest one.
That is it. That concludes our guide on how to download Minecraft 1.20 on different platforms.
For more on Minecraft, check out our dedicated guides section.