After its initial release in 2014, Sims 4 has finally gone free to play to expand its player base and keep the life simulation game alive. And as a result, we have many Sims franchise enthusiasts who want to relive the experience or try it out for the first time on Mac and other platforms. This guide will share details on how to download and play Sims 4 on Mac.
How to Download and Play Sims 4 on Mac
To download and play Sims 4 for free on Mac, you must install the game via Origin, EA’s first-party game launcher and store. You can follow the below steps to download the game:
- Downlaod the Origin app from EA’s official website.
- Sign into your existing Origin account. [If you don’t have one, you can create a new account.]
- Search for “The Sims 4”
- Go to the Sims 4 store listing
- Click on Download
- Once the download is complete, play the game via the desktop icon.
While the base game is free to play, you will still have to pay for extra purchases like DLCs, in-game transactions and other things. That said, we recommend players try the game at least once. Sims 4 not only manages to expand the original notion of the game while refining the existing mechanics, there is much more freedom to what career or lifestyle you want your Sim to take.
That is it. That is how you download and play Sims 4 on a Mac. Here are some other guides on Sims 4 that might come iin handy:
- All Werewolf Temperaments in The Sims 4
- How to Download and Use Sims 4 UI Cheats Expansion
- How to Fix Script Call Failed Error in Sims 4
- When Is Sims 4 Better Babies Update Coming Out? – Answered
Sims 4 is a social simulation game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts available on PS4, MacOS, Xbox One, and PC platforms.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!