Being a roleplaying game, Genshin Impact offers a surfeit number of bosses with profound battle settings and uniqueness – that comes with each fight. Rhodeia of Loch, also known as the Oceanid in the Genshin Impact community is a normal boss found in the Bishui Plain of the Liyue region.
The Oceanid boss arena in Genshin Impact is located in the middle of a lake found east of Qingce Village. Just like any other boss fights, players have to enter the arena to trigger the Oceanid boss battle. Now that being aside, let us move on to the main guide that covers how you can easily beat the Oceanid in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Oceanid Boss Fight Guide
The Oceanid boss in Genshin Impact might come as an unsurmountable battle for new players. However, if you know the ins and outs of the battle – it becomes a rather gimmicky fight.
In the entire fight, Rhodeia of Loch or Oceanid will never touch the ground – she will summon water monsters. Players have to defeat these monsters in order to lower the Oceanids health bar. Now, that the aim of the fight is clear – let us talk about the arena where you fight the Oceanid.
The Oceanid boss arena is made of many square platforms combined together, and whenever the players defeat two batch of water monsters – two blocks of the floor will sink. So, the best strategy to avoid getting yourself drowned is to run towards any of the corners – and when the sinking is in the process get to the central arena.
Oceanid Summons – All different monsters that Oceanid summons
In the Oceanid boss battle, there are eight different types of water monsters summoned(throughout the battle) to kill you. Also, these enemies heal themselves over time. So, dealing with them quickly is your best bet to win.
Related | Genshin Impact Lost Riches Event Guide
- Hydro Boar – charged attack, deals massive damage.
- Hydro Ferret – close-range attack.
- Hydro Crane – shoots torrential waves that deal massive damage.
- Hydro Hawk – airborne water monster units that shoot water projectiles.
- Hydro Mallard – Follows you around, deals DoT(damage over time).
- Hydro Crab – walks sideways, while attacking using water bubbles.
- Hydro Finch – pounce attack, deals massive damage, when dead – they explode, dealing a high AoE damage.
- Hydro Frog – uses attacks like water splash, tackle, and pounce. And, similar to the Finch they explode when dead.
How to defeat the Oceanid in Genshin Impact – Rhodeia of Loch boss fight
Now that we have discussed every major aspect of the Oceanid boss battle in Genshin Impact. Here is what you can do to easily win the fight against Oceanid.
Party – Make sure to take at least one pyro user and one electro user.
Our Recommendation – two electro user like Fischl, Razor, Keqing, etc. Two Pyro to get 25% extra ATK DMG elemental resonance status.
Best team composition for Oceanid boss battle in Genshin Impact – Fischl, Razor, Bennet and Xiangling.
For non free to play players – Fischl, Keqing, Qiqi and Diluc.
Apart from the waters monsters, the Oceanid has only three attacks
- Sinking platforms – as we said earlier, whenever player defeats two waves of monsters – the Oceanid will sink two platforms(in which player is standing). Use the aforementioned strategy to avoid it.
- Water Whirlpool – the Oceanid creates a whirlpool near the player that cannot be dodged, moreover it deals DoT damage, and explodes after a while, dealing massive damage. Use Fischl elemental burst to avoid a massive damage. Also, this attack is only triggered when you take a long time in defeating the water monsters. So it can be avoided if you deal with the monsters as soon as possible.
- Submerge in water – nothing that big, she submerges herself in water.
Use bow users like Fischl to deal with enemies from a long range. Or, use Bennet’s Elemental Skill near the monsters spawn point and go for close range attacks using Razor or any other sword or claymore user.
Cryo users can be used to freeze the water monsters and then close-range attacks way better than long-range(as you can deal with multiple of them at once and since they are frozen they can’t regenerate). So, a team with two Electro and two Cryo users is also a good strategy to go with.
At the end of the battle user forty resins to claim your reward.
Genshin Impact is a free to play gacha-based role-playing game currently available on PC, PS4, Android, and iOS.