Hu Tao is an upcoming playable character in Genshin Impact who was rumored to arrive with the game’s version 1.3 update, alongside Xiao. Instead of Hu Tao, we are getting Xiao and Keqing’s event wish banner with Genshin Impact 1.3 update. However, later we came to know that we will get Hu Tao in the same update, but as the third event wish banner, that will release after Keqing’s banner.
Related | Genshin Impact 1.3 Update Release Time
Due to the Chinese New Year and some other local belief related issue, Hu Tao’s banner was delayed in Genshin Impact. That being aside, we do have a lot of information on Hu Tao, like her elemental skill, elemental burst, her attack talents, ascension materials required to ascend her to a higher level, and much more. And, with this Genshin Impact character guide, we are going to share everything on Hu Tao right here.
Hu Tao Attack Talents | Genshin Impact
For players who don’t know, Hu Tao is a five-star Pyro user and a polearm wielder. Her attack talent is called Secret Spear of Wangsheng(normal attack). Just like any other Genshin Impact character, Hu Tao has three types of attacks –
Normal Attacks – Hu Tao performs up to six consecutive spear strikes.
Charged Attacks – Hu Tao consumes a certain amount of stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to the opponents along the way.
Plunging Attacks – Hu Tao plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path, and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Hu Tao Elemental Skill | Genshin Impact
Hu Tao’s elemental skill is called Guide to Afterlife where she consumes a certain portion of her HP to knock the surrounding enemies back and enter a state called Paramita Papilio.
What is Hu Tao’s Paramita Papilio state?
In this state, the following effects takes place –
- Hu Tao’s ATK is increased based on her Max HP at the time of entering this state. Also, the ATK bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao’s Base ATK.
- Converts Hu Tao’s ATK DMG to Pyro DMG, also it cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion.
- Hu Tao’s charged attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to the enemies hit by it.
- Hu Tao’s interruption resistance is increased.
- The Paramita Papilio state is undone if Hu Tao’s leaves the battlefield, or if she dies.
What is Hu Tao’s Blood Blossom Status status?
Enemies under the effect of Hu Tao’s Blood Blossom status takes pyro damage every 4 seconds(considered as elemental skill damage).
- Each enemy can be affected by only one blood blossom status effect at a time, and its duration is only refreshed by Hu Tao herself. (We think, by this, it means that once an enemy has blood blossom effect Hu Tao can refresh it by again hitting the same enemy with a charged attack).
Hu Tao Elemental burst | Genshin Impact
Hu Tao’s elemental burst attack or main attack is called Spirit Soother when used a blazing spirit attacks the battlefield dealing Pyro DMG in a large AoE.
Related | When will Genshin Impact be on Switch
After Hu Tao’s elemental burst attack hitting an enemy restores a certain amount of her HP. And, if Hu Tao’s HP is 50% or less then both DMG and HP regeneration are increased(Here increase in DMG means the DMG output, not the DMG inflicted).
Hu Tao Birthday, Voice Actors, Rarity, Age, and More| Genshin Impact
Here is a brief bio on Genshin Impact’s five star Pyro user – Hu Tao
- Character – Hu Tao
- Age – 19 Years +
- Constellation – Papilio Charontis
- Birthday – July 15th
- Height – unknown
- Weapon of Choice – Polearm
- Elemental Skill – Guide to Afterlife
- Elemental Burst – Spirit Soother
- Hu Tao’s English voice actor – Brianna Knickerbooker
- Hu Tao’s Japanese voice actor – Rie Takahashi
Genshin Impact is a free to play gacha-based role-playing game currently available on PC, PS4, Android, and iOS.