Dead Cells is a game that doesn’t lack content in any way, but developer Motion Twin must have thought that it wasn’t enough, as a free DLC called Rise of the Giants has been released some time ago on PC and consoles. This free DLC has finally received a release date for the Nintendo Switch release.
The Rise of the Giants DLC pack will be released on Nintendo Switch on May 23rd. It includes a new biome, a new boss, 10 new enemy types, 10 new weapons, new skills, skins, and a hidden area.
- You’ll now get access to the Cavern level after you beat the game for the first time. Look for this place inside the Graveyard… This whole new level is filled with nasty traps, perilous lava pools and violent new enemies. New ways to die!
- Community suggestion Custom Mode will be now unlocked after few runs (no need to beat the final boss anymore).
Custom options were adjusted accordingly.
- A new boss has arrived. Right after the Cavern, you will have access to this epic battle, so be prepared!
- A new shiny Skinning system was added to the game, giving you access to more than 50 new character outfits.
You can unlock by paying for amazing loot boxes in our new Premium Shop using your credit c… Oh wait. No no no. We don’t do that anymore.
They will just drop as classic blueprints from existing enemies (in higher difficulty modes) and bosses. You might also find a few ones in specific hidden area of the game. You can customize your outfits in the Flask Room.
- 10 new enemies types were added to the world! Some will wait for you in the Cavern or the hidden level, but many were also added to Hard / Very hard / Expert / Nightmare modes, for your sadistic pleasure. They will gladly bury your face into the ground, burn you to death and slice all your useful organs.
- 3 new skills, including a flying pet and a single-use scroll that will reveal the current level map.
- 10 new weapons, including the Giant Killer, the Boï Axe or the Thunder shield, for your violent needs.
- A new Specialist shop replaces the old Hunter Grenade door in Prisoners’ Quarters. It’s still unlocked the classic way through the Collector shop. You can buy a Hunter Grenade, a Map or a nice shinny skin there.
- A new complete hidden level was added for very advanced and skilled players to explore (did someone say Boss-Cells 5?). Unveil a whole new ending to your story by beating the crap out of the mysterious big bad guy that awaits for you there… Yes. There is an hidden boss fight too.
Dead Cells is now available on Nintendo Switch as well as on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It will soon be released for smart devices as well.