Call of Duty: Mobile developers are back with an entirely new community update that primarily focuses on modes, playlists, draws, and new events this week. Furthermore, Activision has shared a new public test build and weapon balance update details. Here’s a detailed overview of what’s new in the COD Mobile April 30 community update.
COD Mobile Community Update Patch Notes (April 30)
Public Test Build
Here are all of the details below:
- Begins today on April 30th (UTC)
- Test end date TBD
- Available for Android and iOS devices
- Downloadable via APK here:
- Downloadable via Test Flight on iOS: https://apple.co/3t4VbqL
- Download Size: 2 gigabytes, Wifi connection is highly recommended
- Player Registration Limit: 30,000 – 40,000 (about 10K per link)
- Content suited for ages 16+
- All information and player data collected during this test will be deleted
New Events and Challenges
Here is a quick look at all of the newest events and others launching throughout the week:
- 04/28 – 05/04 ~ Hardcore Collection (MP)
- 04/28 – 05/04 ~ Small Map Slayer (MP)
- 04/28 ~ Two New Seasonal Challenges
- 04/30 – 05/06 ~ Fight Against the Clock (MP)
- 04/30 – 05/06 ~ Spawn Trap (MP)
- 04/30 – 05/06 ~ BR Sniper
- 04/30 – 05/12 ~ Warrior’s Path Event (MP and BR)
- 04/30 – 05/13 ~ Inari Okami Draw
Upcoming Weapon Balance Update
- SMGs – We aim to strengthen this type’s close quarters’ abilities through increased damage and mobility while optimizing bullet trajectory to ensure viability at other distances.
- Assault Rifles – We aim to strengthen the range and accuracy of ARs to ensure they have a superior combat range of 15-30 meters. This is done through improved weapon type differentiation in relation to bullet trajectory, handling, and recoil.
- LMGs – We aim to strengthen the accuracy and damage efficiency of LMGs to ensure that suppression is possible at 30 meters away while also strengthening their overall capabilities at different ranges.
- Snipers – We aim to optimize the attributes of sniper attachments, provide more combinations of attachments, and weaken the advantages of snipers in close-range combat.
- Marksman Rifles – We aim to make marksman rifles more nimble and agile by increasing movement speed via various attachments
This is the main featured event for Season 3: Tokyo Escape and it has you picking a side once again. Who will you choose: UAC or Five Knights? Each side has its own rewards, like the above operators or the weapons shown below, but there are also rewards that can be earned independently of each faction through the leaderboards.
Warrior’s Path tasks you with battling over a map that has a new territory to fight over each day. Each team will be trying to conquer the most territories for a unique reward given only to the victors, an epic profile frame, but the most sought-after rewards will be the two versions of Charly and the two versions of the Man-O-War (Five Knights and UAC).