Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
The Soulsborne games are known for their difficulty level, and Elden Ring is no exception. Each location has its own level of difficulty, some being less difficult than the rest. Some locations hold special items and armaments that make the game a whole lot easier. One of these types of weapons are Thrusting Swords.
Thrusting Swords are a type of Weapon in Elden Ring. These weapons strike a perfect balance between moderate damage, fast attacks, and great reach with their piercing and slashing attacks.
Thrusting Swords can be modified by a different variety of Ashes of War, in order to change their Skills or even Damage Type, so it makes for an amazing mix and match of different damage types and playstyles.
Thrusting Swords and Curved Swords also have the caveat of having a built-in feint. Pressing dodge shortly after beginning the charge-up for a heavy attack will lead to an extended animation that occurs depending on the weapon that is currently being used. Some weapons (such as the Frozen Needle) shoot a projectile during this animation, allowing for additional methods of play.
This is a list of all of the Thrusting Swords in the game and how to get them:
- Antspur Rapier – Dropped by Maleigh Marais upon defeat after she invades in the Shaded Castle.
- Cleanrot Knight’s Sword – Dropped by Cleanrot Knights in Caelid.
- Estoc – Can be purchased from Patches and the Nomadic Merchant in Liurnia. Also the starting weapon for the Prisoner class.
- Frozen Needle – Found in a chest after defeating the boss at Kingsrealm Ruins.
- Noble’s Estoc – Dropped by Soldier Nobles in Limgrave and Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Rapier – Can be purchased from the Twin Maiden Husks at Roundtable Hold.
- Rogier’s Rapier – Given by Sorcerer Rogier at Roundtable Hold after defeating Godrick the Grafted.
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!