You have made it to Chapter 5 of the mysterious RPG Shadows Over Loathing, and are ready to face a house of horror: the Moleross House. A family of farmers have vanished and left the house in disrepair and you have been tasked with discovering what state the house is in. In true Shadows Over Loathing style, this will be no ordinary house survey as the building is full of abnormalities… Let’s continue to find out what to do at the Moleross House in this Shadows Over Loathing guide.
Surveying The Moleross House
The Moleross Place is no ordinary house and as you enter the foyer you can see those ‘abnormalities’ are in fact wormholes! The swirling mass of dangerous twists in space are taking over the house, and it is your job to deal with the problem.
Of course you can explore the house and interact with and pick up whatever you need, but eventually you will need to figure out how to get rid of these dangerous wormholes. Follow the steps below carefully to complete this part of Chapter 5:
- There are two wormholes: one huge and one small. Go through the smaller wormhole by the door in the foyer
- There are three wormholes in this room. Go through the largest one that leads into the Dining Room
- Turn off the lamp that sits on the table
- Using your torch, find the wormhole right near where you are stood, and go through
- You will now be outside, so go back through the front door
- There is a chowder spillage on the floor. Go near it and click Break Light
- The light will not break so head through the large wormhole to the kitchen
- Throw a rock through a large wormhole there and you will hear a glass smashing sound
- Go through that same wormhole back to the foyer which will now be dark
- Walk along the bottom of the screen to avoid any wormholes and reach the stairs
- Go upstairs and straight into the wormhole you see in front of you
- Close the shutters on the window furthest away from you
- Go to the dresser and untie the rope there
- Go outside and round to the back yard
- Bribe the pig for the key
- Head back inside and into the wormhole on the right
- Push a bookcase into the wormhole
- Go back outside and use the rope at the well
- Go down into the well and through another wormhole
- Use a crowbar to remove the wood from the window
- All the wormholes should now be gone
- Go back to the room where you untied the rope from the dresser to pick up the meteorite
Don’t forget to pick up any useful items from the house, and to read all the interesting notes left around. The attic can be accessed if you have 8 Muscle, 7 Moxie, and 6 Mysticality. The trick to this puzzle is to take your time and investigate every area in the house so you don’t overlook anything you need to investigate.
If you enjoyed Shadows Over Loathing you may also enjoy Ticket To Earth, another puzzle-based RPG.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!