Finally, the first “real” week of 2020 is over: we got back to work, a new decade started and the world of mobile gaming also began to move a bit, even though it’s still a bit frozen from the cold weather (or all that booze and food from the New Year’s celebrations).
Either way, the year began with some hot new game releases, some even more exciting news about upcoming games and today I’m here to offer you a recap of the most important happenings in the mobile gaming industry – a recap that also looks at other top websites, not just ours!
Since it’s been pretty dry in the past few weeks in terms of new game releases, you definitely want to start by checking out the 5 best new Android and iOS games of the previous week. We’ve seen better, but it could’ve been much worse!
We also had some really exciting game news to share, with a few big name announcements, as well as games that we are 100% sure we’ll love when they come out:
– The awesome Dead Cells is coming to Android in the 3rd quarter of the year. It’s a long wait, that’s true – especially with the iOS version out already, but it’s better late than never!
– Mario and Luigi might be making a comeback to Nintendo Switch – it’s not all clear right now, but we love the prospect of this happening soon!
– Speaking of Nintendo’s console, we updated our list of the best co-op games available on Switch – make sure to check it out if you haven’t done so already!
– Another exciting game, especially for those who love fashion and everything related to the glam world, is coming: STYLIT is coming this March with an incredible level of realism.
– If you don’t have time to wait for something new, you can always hop (back) into PUBG – the latest update is out. Sure, it won’t feed your need for fashion, but nothing beats some heart pumping action every now and then!
– Two really good games have been released – you’ve seen them on the list of the best new games of the week already, but you can find out even more about them by reading here about Tap Tap Fish or Klee: Spacetime Cleaners.
– Good news for Ragnarok fans! You can now download and play Ragnarok Tactics SEA – which has just been released on mobile.
– Finally, if all that gaming you’ve done has resulted in you getting a ton of photos that you would like to keep private, our friends at iPhone Glance have just the right app for that – check out their review and see if it’s something you’d like to use.
This would be it for this week – shorter than usual, but it’s the start of the year (AND a new decade) so we need to give it some time before it all goes into full gear.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!