In our article today we are going to walk you through everything you need to know about Warriors of Waterdeep characters, and learn everything that you need to know in order to pick the right ones for your team.
There are a total of 8 characters in the game, and we will tell you everything about each and every one of them. So, are you ready? Then let’s dive right into our Warriors of Waterdeep characters guide!
I have Halbenet level 4, because I used him quite a bit since his kit works pretty well with my chosen team overall and his heals are very good, as well as his attack damage.
Class: Sturdy – Cleric
He can heal the allies, so he will be a great addition to any team in my opinion, and not only that, but he can also boost allies’ stats, depending on which necklace he is using. The default one, the common one, will boost the allies ATK so it is definitely good.
– For boots, the common ones are the Moon’s Steps, which give the bonus of healing a random ally when moving fully charged. The best ones would be Footsteps of Corellon, which give amazing stats and also heal by quite a lot.
– For helmet, the normal one (Moon’s Circlet) is pretty good overall if you level it up (because it heals 1 ally by quite a lot), but if you can I suggest that you get Moonfall’s Shroud because it has a 1 turn cooldown and even if the healing is not super duper crazy, it is constant and reliable still.
– For accessory, I really like the default Holy Necklace (because of the ATK boost), but depending on what your team is based on, you can also work with Talisman of the Moon, which is pretty OP but difficult to get.
– For weapon, there are quite a few choices here. I went with the Thunder Mace and Shield because they inflict quite a lot of damage in my opinion, but depending on your team composition, you can go for the Mace of Disruption & Shield which disarm the enemy or any of the others, depending on what you want.
– For armor, equip the best one you have because that will boost all of your stats.
– For ring, choose one which synergizes well with your team composition or fills in something that you need – be it heal or damage. I will go for the Lenses of Keen Sight because of the damage increase, but the Ring of Long Life could be good if you want to heal some of the damage once you get hit.
Shevarith is another one of the characters I am mainly using, and I also have her at level 4 because of the huge amounts of damage she inflicts.
Class: Mighty – Wizard
Shevarith is a ranged attacker, who is one of the best damage dealers on my team because of the way I built her. Since my whole team is mostly ranged, I chose to build around her and have Halbenet kinda support her in boosting her attack even further.
– For boots, I chose the Adept’s Wraps, because it will ready 1 ability randomly, and they can work pretty well until you get Claws of the Owl which ready all the abilities (those are the best in my opinion).
– For helmet, Mask of the Owl all the way! There is no better helmet than this one I think, because it is ranged and it also inflicts stun on the enemy for 1 turn, which can be super effective depending on who you are fighting against. Another alternative is Adept’s Hood, which can disarm the enemy.
– For accessory, I think the Mage’s Grimoire is the best because it can instantly kill a unit with a ton of damage. The Ancient Tome is also good because it immobilizes the enemies, and the Arcane Manual can work too if you want her to attack 2 random enemies.
– For weapon, there are a few good choices you can pick. The best would be the Staff of Fiery Wrath, but since it’s legendary, it might be difficult to obtain and upgrade like the others. A more budget friendly option is the Staff of Icy Touch, which I am currently using (gives +1 random attack) or the Wand of Lightning Bolts (repeats attack).
– For armor, equip the best one you have – always! It boost your stats overall
– For ring, I suggest going for either one you can obtain, but preferably the Ring of Spell Power or the Vial of Revenge (this is the best, because it attacks all enemies).
He is another one of my default team members, but I haven’t made too many upgrades to him just yet. I only have him as level 3, because I was not lucky enough to pick all the best gears just yet!
Class: Mighty – Ranger
Saarvin is a pretty good hero for my team, and I mostly use him to debuff the enemies and boost my main team member’s attack (Shevarith’s). He is pretty good if you want constant reliable damage, and also some support (no, no healing involved – just debuffs)!
– For boots, the best ones I believe are the Scales of the White Dragon and Winter’s Skirt, but the common Ranger’s Skirt can be good too for the random decrease of an enemy’s AC.
– For helmet, the Skull of the White Dragon is definitely the best, but in the meantime you can also work with the common Ranger’s Hood. It’s a bit of a gamble, because it gives you one random ranged attack, but still pretty good nonetheless.
– For accessory, I definitely prefer the normal Quiver which boosts allies’ ATK.
– For weapon, the best one is the Teeth of the Dragon, but until you get that you can work with any of the others, since all of them are pretty much the same, except for that one.
– For armor, pick the best one you have to boost your stats overall.
– For ring, I like the default and very common Amulet of True Strikes because of the DMG increase.
Farideh is my last acquisition to the team, but if I manage to get a better one later on I might swap her out because I would like another super high damage dealer or maybe some more sustain.
Class: Skilled – Warlock
I have to admit that I thought she would be the best addition to my team, but I was a little bit disappointed so now I would like to replace her with someone that will synergize better in my current team (maybe even Raika, not sure yet – I’m open to suggestions).
– For boots, I think the Explorer’s Boots are the best because of the random ranged attack, but I haven’t managed to get them yet. I currently have only Wanderer’s Boots, which are pretty OK-ish (buffs a random ally’s DMG).
– For helmet, I am definitely torn between the Wreath of Flame (which attacks all enemies and inflicts damage reduction to their attacks) and Justicer’s Coronet (which immobilizes all enemies). I guess you can go with the one which your team will need mostly – damage + debuffs or crowd control.
– For accessory, the best ones would be the Book of Shadows (which performs a ranged attack and gains lifedrain) and the Blessed Grimoire, which attacks all enemies.
– For weapon, I can’t really say that I like any of them in particular, but if I were to choose I would definitely go for the Fiendish Brand which injures the enemy. The ones which push and pull the enemies can work too if you are looking for that.
– For armor, as always – pick the best one you have to boost your stats.
– For ring, I suggest either Dragon Cult Cubes (which give DMG increase) or Belt of the Witch (which gives ATK increase).
Raika is basically a tanky hero, which can work pretty well if equipped with good gears. Early on you might not see her tanky abilities (they didn’t really work for me at least), but if you want a disposable hero, then it might work.
Class: Sturdy – Barbarian
I think that if you manage to get the best armor for Raika, she should definitely be used in the team because she can taunt the enemies, which is a pretty useful ability especially if you can tank a couple of hits.
– For boots, any of them could work depending on what your team composition needs. The Claws of the Ancient Owlbear are good for DMG increase, while the Tracks of the Wounded Bear are good for healing.
– For helmet, I definitely getting one of those two, depending on what you build: Mark of the Ancient Owlbear (for taunt and counterattack if you build a lot of damage) or Mark of the Northern Wolf (for taunt and block if you want to be mostly support and tank).
– For accessory, just like the helmet, if you want to built damage, you might want to consider going for the Owlbear Skull which attacks a zone, or for the Bear Skull for disarming the enemy.
– For weapon, I don’t see any that amaze me in particular, but I guess I would go for the Boulette-Claw Spear (which injures) or the Yeti-Bone Hammer (which attacks a zone). The Great Wolf’s Fury is good too for the extra melee attack.
– For armor, I think that the Embrace of the Ancient Owlbear is a must, because it gives the most stats and you will need them to tank everything.
– For ring, I like the Ioun Stone of Regeneration for the Death Ward effect (which revives you when killed) and the Indomitable Gloves which give block.
Calliope is a character that I would like to unlock next, because I think she will synergize with my team pretty well. Here is her basic info:
Race: Half – Elf
Class: Tough – Bard
Since I haven’t unlocked her yet, I can’t tell for sure what she does, but all I know is that she does ranged attacks, and has offensive abilities. Since she is a Bard, she can also give her Bardic Inspiration to other team members.
As for her gears, I still don’t know since I haven’t unlocked her yet, but if you have some good gear recommendations, leave a comment down below and let us know!
Tommus is basically the tank of the group, who has a high STR and AC, so he can be a good addition to a team which needs that. I have not unlocked him yet, so I can’t really say for sure, but here is his overall info:
Class: Tough – Fighter
Tommus, much like Raika, has a taunt in his kit which allows him to draw the enemy aggro towards him, and not his team mates. This makes him a very useful tank, because his AC is also pretty high.
Unfortunately, I haven’t unlocked him yet, so just like with Calliope, if you want to share some useful info about Tommus with us, as well as a build for him, let us know down in the comments!
Naomlen is a melee attacker who focuses on stealthy damage and typical Rogue abilities. Since I don’t see how she would benefit my team, I didn’t unlock her either. But if you have – let us know!
Class: Skilled – Rogue
Naomlen has high attack bonus, ad she can perform multiple melee attacks on the same target. She also has a stealth which allows her to avoid getting hit when facing multiple enemies. She could be good in a team with a tank, to alleviate some of that pressure because her AC and HP are not that high.
Just like with Calliope and Tommus, I haven’t unlocked Naomlen yet, so if you have and managed to put together a build for her, share your thoughts with us down in the comments below!
Now these would be all the heroes in the game at the moment. But if you are wondering how to get gears for them and how to level them up, worry not! We’re here to give you a complete guide for the heroes, so let’s dive right in!
Warriors of Waterdeep – How to level up characters?
In order to level up the characters, you need to collect pieces of gears for them and upgrade them. That alone and adding them to your team while you adventure in dungeons is the only ways that you gain EXP for the heroes, so make sure you do it.
You gain more EXP from upgrading gears than you do from adventuring into the dungeons, but nonetheless you get EXP from doing both (at least dungeons are free, unlike upgrading gears which cost a lot of gold).
Warriors of Waterdeep – How to get more gears for your characters?
You can get more gears for your heroes in several ways, and I will tell you all of them below:
– You can get gears by adventuring in the dungeons, and collecting them as rewards for finishing the level (in Adventure -> Explore).
– You can get gears from events and challenges (Adventure -> Challenge and you can roll the dice at the end and may get some good gears).
– You can check out the Store and buy cards that you need for specific heroes under the “Buy cards you need from Durnan” option.
– You can buy packs for certain heroes and get random items for that specific hero (you must own the hero). There can be common packs, rare packs and even more. They all cost Gems, and the better the pack, the more they cost (Common pack is 80 Gems, Rare pack is 200 Gems)!
– You can get gear packs as reward when you level up your player level (top left corner button).
As far as I know, these are all the ways that you can obtain gears! Did I miss something? Let me know down in the comments below!
And for now, this would conclude our Warriors of Waterdeep characters guide! If you want to learn more about the game, make sure you check out our game guide for our game tips and tricks!