If you want to know how to annex a subject in Victoria 3, we’ve got you covered. Read below to find out the methods that you can use to annex a subject in the game.
Precondition for Annexation
Let’s go over the steps you’ll need to take if you wish to officially annex a country. The first stage is to recognize practically every type of nation’s annexation, domination, or freedom as bearing a Diplomatic Play.
In Victoria 3, you must declare an interest and then use a Diplomatic Play to annex a subject from another country. By visiting the Diplomacy menu option on the left of your screen, you can declare an interest in another country’s subject.
Diplomatic Play – How to use the Annex options
Before you start anything you won’t be able to finish, be sure you understand what you’re getting into.
- Open the Diplomacy menu and select Diplomatic Plays to use the Annex Subject Diplomatic play.
- The Annex Subject play is located at the far left of the choices page under Diplomatic Plays
- However, if you are interested in or can Annex Subject, you should see a green number on the Annex Subject option. Keep in mind, though, that employing the Annex Subject Diplomatic play is a definite way to ignite a conflict.
Overall, you should be alright and will prevail as long as you have more soldiers, military advancements, and powerful allies than the Subject and the subject’s master.
- Scroll to the very bottom of your screen to find a variety of “lenses” for the nation that you have planned to annex (after completing the war objective and diplomatic play processes).
- The “Diplomatic Lens” is the one they want to select since it will effectively provide players the option to view other countries’ attitudes while also allowing you to keep an eye on your interests. You will be able to do plays like regional actions, diplomatic plays, and diplomatic actions using that as well.
- You should then click on the “Diplomatic Plays” tab in the middle of the screen. There will be a ton of options available to you underneath them, and on the far left will be a button labeled “Annex Subject.”
- The objectives you can use for the chosen Diplomatic play—in this example, the annexation of the subject—are displayed in a list that appears in front of you. Players can only annex the subjects they have previously decided to make puppets as their war aim; all accessible countries will be in front of you.
If you are enjoying Victoria 3, you might want to check out other related articles, such as: