If you dream role is to bring in the cash and boost your team’s trading abilities your chosen job in Ragnarok Origin will be the Merchant. This is a powerful and useful class of character with both heavy armor and boosts to cash flow. Now you have chosen your role you will no doubt want to know where is best to allocate your points and raise your stats.
Keep scrolling to find some super helpful hints and tips on the best Ragnarok Origin Merchant build to make your character the strongest it can be!
How to Create the Best Merchant Build in Ragnarok Origin
Since you have completed the tutorial and learned some basic skills as an adventurer you should be at level 10 and ready to choose your class. This is a big decision and your choice really depends on your personal play style and if you prefer to play solo or with friends (or both!)
Merchant Stat Build
If you have chosen to be the Merchant as your first job you are likely to be focussing mainly on Team play but can battle well through Solo play. The Merchant’s strengths are in loot and item appraisal and repair, as well as raking in the cash. Don’t under estimate them in the battlefield, however, as they can have excellent heavy armor and strong melee weapons.
Related | Ragnarok Origin Codes
Some stats are not useful to a class who prefers to be up close and personal like the Merchant. INT is mainly for magic-focussed heroes, and although VIT may be useful for the max. HP boost, it is not what we would recommend focussing on. Instead, a Merchant should be spreading their Attribute Points on DEX, STR, and AGI.
This stat spread will help you build a strong Merchant (base level 10) who progresses into a Blacksmith as a second job (base level 40), and then a Whitesmith as their third and ultimate job (base level 70).
All Ragnarok Origin available stats
As you play and level up you will accrue Attribute Points which you spend on raising your stats. It is not recommended that you spend your points on every stat on the board, however, but instead focus on strengthening stats specific to your class. The available stats are:
- STR – to increase melee weapon damage and max. inventory weight
- AGI – to increase attack speed and FLEE (the ability to dodge some attacks)
- VIT – to increase max. HP, defense, and HP regeneration
- INT – to increase magic attack, max SP, and SP regeneration
- DEX – to increase damage of ranged weapons, casting speed and hit chance
- LUK – to increase critical rate and critical defense
How to level up in Ragnarok Origin
Get more Attribute Points to spend on stats by levelling up as much as possible. You can level up quickly by doing any and all of the following:
- Quests: do any of your Daily Quests that reward you with EXP, take part in Story Quests, Side Quests and Adventure Quests as they award EXP even when you are fatigued.
- AFK Grinding: grind until your Combat Time has run out to earn EXP. This could be done before doing some of the questing as your character will be fatigued after hours of grinding but still available to do some side quests.
If you still need some help understanding how to play and progress in Ragnarok Origin, visit our beginner’s guide which is full of great tips!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!