Yo-yos are a fun and tricky class of melee weapons in Terraria. The player can hold them out and move them around like controlled flails, and anything the yo-yo bounces off of will take damage. They’re one of the more creative weapons in the game, and today we’ll show you which yo-yos to go after in our Terraria yo-yo tier list with every yo-yo ranked!
The Terrarian, the final yo-yo dropped by the Moon Lord, is unabashedly the best yo-yo in the game. It has 190 damage, 25 reach, and infinite duration. The Terrarian, while mid-air, will also launch green projectiles that seek out enemies for extra damage.
- The Eye of Cthulhu (115 damage, Mothron)
- Kraken (95 damage, Hardmode Dungeon enemies)
- Valkyrie Yoyo (70 damage, Expert Mode Treasure Bags)
- Red’s Throw (70 damage, Expert Mode Treasure Bags)
- Code 2 (54 damage, Traveling Merchant)
These yo-yos are probably your strongest options before the Terrarian. All of these yo-yos have infinite duration, which is probably the most aspect about yo-yos, as it allows you to hold them mid-air for as long as you want.
If you intend to battle Moon Lord with a yo-yo, you definitely want to farm the Solar Eclipse event after you’ve defeated all three mechanical bosses, as that causes Mothron to spawn during it, who drops The Eye of Cthulhu.
Related | How to Get Bait in Terraria
- Yelets (60 damage, Hardmode Jungle enemies)
- Gradient (49 damage, Skeleton Merchant)
- Amarok (43 damage, Hardmode Snow enemies)
- Hel-Fire (41 damage, Hardmode Cavern/Underworld enemies)
- Format: C (39 damage, Skeleton Merchant)
- Chik (39 damage, crafted)
The B-tier yo-yos are solid options, as most of them are available as soon as your world enters Hardmode. These yo-yos offer good damage and have decent duration, but you should move on up once you start taking down the mechanical bosses.
- Cascade (27 damage, Underworld enemies)
- Valor (22 damage, Dungeon gold chests)
- Code 1 (21 damage, Traveling Merchant)
- Amazon (18 damage, crafted)
- Artery (17 damage, crafted)
- Malaise (16 damage, crafted)
- Rally (14 damage, dropped by Crawdads, Giant Shellys, and Salamanders)
- Wooden Yoyo (9 damage, crafted)
The C-tier yo-yos are your starting options, and they’re great for introducing you to the high-flying world of yo-yos. Most of them are fairly easy to get, with a couple of yo-yos being able to be crafted. With that said, as soon as you get into Hardmode, you’ll want to seek out one of the B-tier yo-yos as soon as possible for the big damage upgrade.
And there you have it: all yo-yos in Terraria ranked. We hope you have fun fighting with your yo-yo, and make sure not to forget your Yoyo Bag accessory! If you have any other tips or tricks about yo-yos, let us know in the comments below!