Think you’re real tough in PUBG Mobile? Now’s your chance to prove it in the upcoming PUBG Mobile Cinco de Mayo official tournament! To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Krafton is holding an online-only tournament for PUBG Mobile players in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Interested in participating? Here are all the details you need to know about the PUBG Mobile Cindo de Mayo Deathmatch tournament!
PUBG Mobile Cinco de Mayo Deathmatch Details and Info
If you’re interested in the Cinco de Mayo tournament, join the official PUBGM Esports NA server. They’ll be posting updated rules, schedules, and news here, so it’ll help you stay in the loop. Once you’re on the server, you can access the sign-up Google Form to enter the tournament. Note that in order to see the Cinco de Mayo category, you need to claim the “Events” role from the “claim_role” channel, then claim the “5 De Mayo” role from the “tournaments” channel.
The tournament will be split into three phases: qualifiers, semifinals, and then finals. In the qualifiers, players will play in teams over two weeks, and winners will move onto stage two, where 64 teams will play. The top 32 teams will move onto stage three, and from there only the top 16 players will move onto the semifinals.
The semifinals will take place over two days. The winning 16 teams from before will fight, and only the top eight teams from both days will move onto the finals. The qualifying teams will battle it out, and once again the top eight teams will move onto the final day of the tournament.
The finals will also take place over two days. The winning teams from before will continue to fight until only two teams are left, at which point the best of the last match will be declared the winner of the tournament.
So, what’s at stake? For the first two weeks of the tournament, placing 1st through 16th place will net you $100. MVP player during the grand finale will earn $200, second place overall gets $1,300, and the tournament winner gets a whopping $1,500!
Here’s the full tournament schedule. This schedule is subject to change, so please keep an eye on the official schedule listing on the Discord server.
- Sign up period: May 3rd – 13th
- Week 1 – Qualifiers 1
- Tuesday, May 17th – Day 1 – Round of 128 Teams (Group A) / 15:00 pm EST
- Wednesday, May 18th – Day 2 – Round of 128 Teams (Group B) / 15:00 pm EST
- Thursday, May 19th – Day 3 – Round of 64 Teams / 15:00 pm EST
- Friday, May 20th – Day 4 – Round of 32 Teams / 15:00 pm EST
- Week 2 – Qualifiers 2
- Tuesday, May 24th – Day 1 – Round of 128 Teams (Group A) / 15:00 pm EST
- Wednesday, May 25th – Day 2 – Round of 128 Teams (Group B) / 15:00 pm EST
- Thursday, May 26th – Day 3 – Round of 64 Teams / 15:00 pm EST
- Friday, May 27th – Day 4 – Round of 32 Teams / 15:00 pm EST
- Week 3 – Semifinals
- Saturday, June 04th – Day 1 – Round of 32 Teams (Group A) / 18:00 pm EST
- Sunday, June 05th – Day 2 – Round of 32 Teams (Group B) / 18:00 pm EST
- Week 4 – Finals
- Saturday, June 11th – Round of 16 Teams / 18:00 pm EST
- Sunday, June 12th – Semi final & Final / 18:00 pm EST
We have roughly two weeks before the tournament begins proper, so make sure to get some practice in so your skills are as sharp as they can be! Will you be entering the tournament? Let us know in the comments below, and good luck to you!