Niantic has announced the details of Pokemon Go’s latest event, known as Power Plant. The event kicks off on Jan. 19 and continues until Feb. 1. Once again, a bunch of Pokemon will be appearing more frequently in the wild during this time frame.
On top of this, trainers will receive special in-game bonuses and new Timed Research tasks to work through. Niantic has revealed the complete details of the upcoming Power Plant event. So without any further ado, let’s dive deep into the details.
Pokemon Go Power Plant event schedule
The Power Plant event kicks off on January 19, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. and will continue until Tuesday, February 1, 2022, at local time. Trainers have around a week to complete all the Research tasks and grab all the bonuses.
Power Plant event field research tasks
- Catch five Electric type Pokémon for an Electrike* encounter
- Catch five Electric type Pokémon for a Joltik encounter
- Catch five Electric type Pokémon for an Helioptile encounter
- Make three Curve Ball Throws for a Magnemite* encounter
- Make three Curve Ball Throws for a Voltorb* encounter
- Take a Snapshot of a wild Electric type Pokémon for 25 Mega Ampharos Energy
- Take a Snapshot of a wild Electric type Pokémon for 25 Mega Manectric Energy
- Walk 1KM for an Helioptile encounter
- Walk 2KM for a Trubbish* encounter
- Walk 4KM for an Emolga encounter
As announced officially, Helioptile and its evolution Heliolisk are the debuting Pokemon in the Power Plant event. Players can evolve Helioptile into Heliolisk with 50 Helioptile Candy and a Sun Stone.
The following Pokémon will be available to encounter in the wild:
If you’re lucky, you might encounter Electrode and Jolteon along with their Shiny variants.