Niantic has announced the details of Pokemon Go’s latest event, known as Lunar New Year 2022. The event kicks off on Feb. 1 and continues until Feb. 7. Once again, a bunch of Pokemon will be appearing more frequently in the wild during this time frame.
On top of this, trainers will receive special in-game bonuses and new Timed Research tasks to work through. Niantic has revealed the complete details of the upcoming Lunar New Year 2022 event. So without any further ado, let’s dive deep into the details.
Pokemon Go Lunar New Year 2022 event schedule
The Lunar New Year 2022 event kicks off on February 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. and will continue until February 7, 2022, at local time. Trainers have around a week to complete all the Research tasks and grab all the bonuses.
Featured Pokemon and Raids
The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event:
- Voltorb (Hisuian)
- Combusken (Shiny variant not available)
The following Pokemon will be appearing in raids:
- One-Star: Magikarp, Shinx, Darumaka, Litleo and Espurr
- Three-Star Raids: Charizard, Flareon, Shuckle, Delcatty, Absol, and Druddigon
- Five-Star Raids: Regirock
- Mega Raids: Mega Houndoom
- Increased chance for Lucky Pokémon in trades
- Increased chance to become Lucky Friends
- Double Stardust from opening Gifts
- 1 extra special trade per day*
Please note: The bonuses are active from Monday, January 31, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PST to Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PST (–8 GMT).