Fishing is one of the staple features of MMOs and cozy simulation games, and Palia, a mix of both genres, is no exception. The fishing activity plays a vital role in the game as it lets you catch fish you can sell to earn Gold fast. You can use your catch as a gift to increase your Friendship Level with the villagers. So keep reading as we explain everything you need about fishing in Palia.
Related | Can You Play Palia on Steam Deck?
How to Get a Fishing Rod in Palia
In Palia, you can get the fishing rod, aka Makeshift Rod, from Einar’s mail after you have crafted yourself a Tent and a Storage Box.
The Fishing Rod is the first tool you get, along with a bow and arrows, when you get introduced to the Mail system in Palia. So, open the Mailbox in your housing plot and check Einar’s mail to obtain the Makeshift Rod.
How to Catch Fish in Palia
To catch fish in Palia, follow the below steps:
- Hold the LMB to set the distance of your cast. When the circle reaches the target spot, release the LMB.
- When you see a large splash, set the hook by pressing and holding the LMB.
- Move your mouse left and right to aim the reticle at the fish.
- Note: When the fish is outside the line, the reticle will turn red and may damage your line.
- Tips: Do not retract the reticle while the fish is jumping or outside the circular area
- When the fish is at the center of the reticle, start reeling by holding the LMB.
That is how you catch a fish in Palia. While at it, ensure to reel only when the fish is at the center of the reticle. If not, align the reticle and then only proceed to reel.
Best Fishing Spots in Palia
The best fishing spot in Palia is the Mirror Pond Ruins, located on the northwest side of the starting area. That said, while you can fish at different sites, to get the highest rarity fish, ensure to cast at locations where you can see water ripples.
How to Use Caught Fish in Palia
Here are the different uses of the caught fish in Palia:
- Sell for Gold
- Make dishes
- Gifting NPCs
That concludes our Palia fishing guide. Check out our dedicated Palia section for more on the game.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!