Palia is an upcoming MMO currently in its closed beta stages on PC, with the open beta being right around the corner. Since Palia is a cozy shared-world multiplayer game coming to the PC platform, many genre enthusiasts want to know whether they can run Palia on Steam Deck.
Can You Play Palia on Steam Deck?
While Palia is not natively available on the Steam Deck and the game’s closed beta faces an issue where the game launcher does not detect the downloaded files, you can still run Palia on Steam Deck after some tweaks. So the answer is yes!
Palia Platforms and Release Date
Palia is currently in its closed beta, whereas the open beta will go live on August 10, 2023. The game will be released later this year, during the Winter of 2023, on Nintendo Switch and PC platforms.
So far, there are no official announcements related to the game’s arrival on the Steam platform or getting a Steam Deck verification. But, when the community tried installing the closed beta on a Steam Deck with Windows, they could download and install it via the Palia game launcher.
However, when they tried to run the game, the launcher failed to locate the game files. As reported by Steam Deck HQ, a Steam Deck dedicated website, a user named Oliver Stogden told them about the Palia launcher issue and a tweak that can allow players to run the game.
How to Make Palia Playable on Steam Deck
Here are the steps for making Palia playable on Steam Deck:
- Download the Palia launcher on your Steam Deck. [Ensure you have Windows installed]
- Add PaliaLauncher.exe as a Non-Steam game through the Steam application.
- Head to the Steam Library, select Palia, navigate its shortcut preferences, and force Proton.
- Run the Palia launcher and tap on the install button.
- Next, go to the following path: /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/
- Navigate to the following path: /pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Local/Palia/Launcher/
- Once you find the newly installed Palia launcher in the above path, right-click and copy its path.
- Head back to Steam and set Palia’s target path to the one you copied in the previous step.
- Enjoy the game!
That concludes our guide on whether can you play Palia on Steam Deck. Check out our dedicated Palia section for more on the game.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!