In today’s article we are going to help you improve your characters, get better heroes and tell you everything that you need to know in order to pass more levels and learn more about the game!
Since there are a few things that you should keep in mind at all times, you should make sure that you first check out our game guide right here and learn all the basic tips and tricks and also a few stuff that will help you whenever you are in a tough situation!
And since we are going to tell you everything you need to know about upgrading your heroes in Idle Knights, let’s start with the very beginning:
Idle Knights – How to get more heroes
As previously mentioned in our game guide, there are a few things which you can do to get more heroes, and all of them will revolve around the Shop:
– Open a Random Chest (Ad): This is a chest that can be opened every 10 minutes and it will contain 1 character which can be anything between B and SR grade. All you need to do is watch an advertisement to open it!
– Open a Random Chest (Gold Key): This chest can be opened by using a Gold Key and it will contain 1 character between S to LR grade. The Gold Keys are given to you as Daily Login rewards or by completing quests, but I suggest that you don’t summon them 1 by 1.
– Open a Random Chest x10 (Gold Key): This is like the previous one, except it will give you guaranteed at least a SR character. I definitely suggest that you save 10 Gold Keys to open this one.
– Open a Random Chest (Ruby): This chest will give you 1 S to LR quality character, and it will cost you 100 Rubies to open! Don’t bother with this one because it’s too expensive, instead save your Rubies for the next one.
– Open a Random Chest x10 (Ruby): This chest is like the previous one, except you need 950 Rubies to open 10 chests here (so there will be a 50 Rubies discount). You will also receive guaranteed at least 1 SR character, so this is way better because more often than not you won’t get only 1 SR (better chances in my experience)!
Idle Knights – Level Up Your Characters
When you fight your characters will require a lot of Gold to be upgraded, but that shouldn’t be a problem if you upgrade your best characters first because those will help you take down the monsters much faster!
So basically in order to level up your characters all that you need is to have Gold – that can be obtained in multiple ways:
– By completing quests
– By killing monsters and Bosses
– By watching an advertisement to receive Gold and EXP (700 EXP and 9000 Gold)
To level up a character all that you need to do is tap on the Level Up button next to the characters in your Party, or if your character is not in your party then you need to open your Bag -> Character -> Tap on the character icon and select the Level Up option.
Idle Knights – Upgrading Your Characters
Upgrading a character will raise the character’s basic abilities, and this is something that you will need to do in the long run quite a lot because that will unlock the character’s maximum potential.
Whenever you upgrade a character you will add 1 star to that character, and that is super useful because the overall power of that character will increase. So basically with every upgrade, the maximum ATK, Head HP, Body HP, Arm HP and Leg HP will increase.
In order to make upgrades, all that you will need is Resurrection Stones – this is a material which can be obtained when you Resurrect (the very first option in the bottom side of the screen). This will let you continue halfway through the levels that you passed – so if you resurrect at stage 300, you will continue off from stage 150.
I suggest that you save up these Resurrection Stones and use them to upgrade your best characters first!
Idle Knights – Increase Characters’ Growth
The Growth of a character can be increased by using Resurrection Stones and this option can be found by opening your character (pick your best one) and there you will notice the Growth tab.
The maximum Growth a character can have is equal to the level of your account, so if your account is level 26 for example that’s how many times you can upgrade your characters there using Resurrection Stones!
I definitely suggest that you upgrade your characters in this field up to the maximum level possible and whenever your account levels up, you make more upgrades! This will help make them tankier and also deal more damage!
Idle Knights – Gear Up Your Characters
The gear is something that we have discussed in the game guide that we mentioned before, but I will write here a brief of what you should do about the gears:
– You can craft gears for your characters, both weapons and armor. The weapons are class-locked (so you can’t equip a swordsman’s weapon to a wizard) but the armors are not, so those are universally usable for all characters.
– You should always equip the best gears to your best characters, because that will make a really big difference! Then equip the lesser gear to your heroes which are not quite at the top.
– In order to unlock more gear crafting recipes (a.k.a. better gear) you will need to level up your account and the recipes will be automatically added!
Idle Knights – Transcend Your Characters
Transcending your characters is super easy, and it can make quite a big difference in terms of power! Basically all that you need to transcend your characters is trash characters which you can disenchant and obtain faction fragments.
Open your Bag -> Character -> think about the character that you want to Transcend (acquire new skill) and then you will have to collect plenty of that character’s faction Transcendence Stone.
It’s really that easy! All that you need to do is disassemble your old characters and you’re set! As long as you summon plenty of characters this will not be a big issue to acquire over time.
Idle Knights – Skill Up Your Characters
This is a little more tricky, but soon enough you will definitely catch on! The Skill system will need you to transfer the right stones from the bad, unused characters to your best ones and make various upgrades.
I suggest that you read the skills’ description carefully and then decide to which character should go the skills, because it’s not always that your best character should get everything – sometimes certain skills should go to the tanks instead! So read this carefully and think about it well before you make the change.
This would conclude our Idle Knights guide on how to improve your characters! Do you have any questions regarding the upgrades? Leave them down in the comments section below and we will get back at you ASAP!