In order to start considering candidates for Wayspots (pokestops and gyms) in the Wayfarer system, you need to take a test. You can try to pass the test 2 times. If you fail the test the first time, you can retake it after 30 days. If you fail to pass the test the second time, you will no longer be able to pass the test and you will be permanently banned from viewing Wayspots nominations.
You must be level 40 Trainers to be eligible for the Wayfarer system and test. It is necessary to prepare for the test and this guide will help you with this.
What is the Wayfarer Test?
The Wayfarer Reviewers Test is a series of questions that must be answered in order to gain access to Niantic’s Wayfarer Review system. You will be able to view Reviews (Reviews of Wayspot candidates), but you will not be able to participate in the review yourself.
To take the test, you need to go to the Review tab in the system sidebar and click on the “Start Learning” button. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of Wayfarer and then you can take the test.
Wayfarer Test Questions
The test contains 10 Wayspots eligibility questions. Questions range from “Should this be a Waystop?” before checking the object’s location and evaluating it.
Wayfarer Test Answers
Answers to the Wayfarer test questions can be found in the Wayfarer Help Section. It is recommended to study and memorize it in detail. Pay special attention to the Ineligible Waystops section, as it contains a number of important Wayfarer rules.
The objects listed below cannot be Waystops. And some of these answers will definitely be in the test.
- Nominations that are images of mass-produced art pieces or objects
- Nominations with no safe pedestrian access to the Wayspot’s real-world location
- Nominations with images that are not objects, but rather people, body parts, or live animals.
- Nominations that are images of natural features
- Nominations that are images of objects that are not permanent
- Nominations that are images of objects that do not have a fixed real-world location
- Nominations with a photo or other materials to which you do not own the copyright (i.e. watermarked photos, photos from the internet, etc.).
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to be located on private residential property (including farms)
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to obstruct the driveways of emergency services
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to be on the grounds of primary/secondary schools, child care centers, or daycare centers
- Nominations that are images of adult-oriented stores or services
- Nominations submitted by accounts with a history of spamming inappropriate nominations
- Nominations that are duplicates of existing Wayspots
How to Prepare for the Test
To prepare for the test, be sure to visit the following resources:
- The Wayfarer Help section is the most important source from a developer. You need to know the rules to pass the test. The answers are directly indicated in the knowledge base.
- Requirements for candidates for Wayspots (pokestops, gyms, portals in Ingress).
Have you already passed the Wayfarer test? Write in the comments below.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!