In Minecraft, Terracotta is one of the many beautiful items used to make colorful blocks. Sometimes, players also refer it as hardened clay, as it’s formed with a hardness and blast resistance comparable to stone. Moreover, it can be colored in the same 16 shades, much similar to wool. In this article, we’ll be looking at Terracotta’s recipe along with how to obtain it naturally.
How to make Terracotta in Minecraft?
Before moving forward, players would require a block of clay to process Terracotta. Once you have it follow these steps:
Open the Furnace Menu
To begin the process, open the Furnace menu in Minecraft by right-clicking on the block.
Add fuel to the Furnace
Next, add fuel to the bottom of the menu, such as lava bucket, block of coal, blaze road, coal, etc.
Add a block of clay
The final step is to add a block of clay right above the fuel slot. Once you insert it into the correct slot, you will see burning flames between the two spaces. After around 35 seconds, the ingredients will be turned into Terracotta. Simply move it from the correct box to your inventory to obtain it.
Note: Don’t close the furnace menu while the Terracotta is cooking.
How to obtain Terracotta in Minecraft naturally?
Red, orange, yellow, brown, white, light gray, and uncolored terracotta summons naturally in badlands biomes, which produce an enormous amount of terracotta.
- Uncolored Terracotta: It can be found in mason houses in plains villages, desert village houses, lamps and meeting points.
- White Terracotta: It can be found as a housing material in plains villages.
- Yellow, orange and red Terracotta: Naturally generates in some houses in savanna villages.
- Lime terracotta: It can be found in the mason houses of desert villages.
- Orange and Blue Terracotta: These two can be found in desert pyramids.
- Light Terracotta: It can be found in warm underwater ruins.
Players can use any of the following pickaxes to dig Terracotta:
- Diamond Pickaxe
- Golden Pickaxe
- Iron Pickaxe
- Stone Pickaxe
- Wooden Pickaxe
- Netherite Pickaxe
Note: If mined without a pickaxe, it drops nothing.