Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have over 300 extra Pokemon to catch once you obtain the National Pokedex. You must become the Sinnoh champion before you can work towards completing the full National Pokedex, so it will take some time and effort! Find out below how to unlock the National Pokedex in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
How to Obtain the National Pokedex
To get hold of the National Pokedex, you must have completed the main storyline. Defeat the Elite Four and become the Sinnoh Champion, then follow the step below.
- You must see all 150 Pokemon in the Sinnoh Region. You don’t have to catch them—just encounter them in the wild or during a battle with an opponent.
Seeing all 150 Pokemon is not too difficult—most of them can be seen in encounters or battles—but there are a few that take a bit more work. To see both Diagla (Brilliant Diamond) and Palkia (Shining Pearl), just visit Cynthia’s grandmother in Celestic Town after you have become champion, and she will show you a photo of the other version’s Pokemon.
Drifloon is another evasive Pokemon that some may find tricky to find. This is because it only spawns on Fridays in real-time! You can’t bypass this by speeding up your system clock, either.
There are two places to see Drifloon—either after you defeat Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks, or when you battle Gym Leader Fantina and answer all the questions wrong. And again, only on Fridays! Once you have encountered these tricky Pokemon, you can update your Pokedex.
- After encountering all 150 Pokemon in the overworld, travel to Sandgem Town.
- In Sandgem Town, go to Professor Rowan’s Lab.
- Speak to Professor Rowan and he will confirm you have seen all 150 Pokemon.
- A cutscene pops up and shows Professor Oak, who will congratulate you on your work and offers to upgrade your Pokedex.
- You now have an upgraded Pokedex—the National Pokedex!
That’s everything you need to know. If you get stuck, just ask in the comments below and someone will be able to give you hints or tips!