If you’re a die-hard Zelda fan, chances are you’re well acquainted with the infamous Majora’s Mask from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. This iconic mask has resurfaced once again in the realm of Breath of the Wild and has now found its way into the latest game in the series, Tears of the Kingdom.
It is part of the Fierce Deity armor set, and the good news is it isn’t locked behind any quest. In this guide, we’ve got you covered on how to obtain the coveted Fierce Deity armor set in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Tears of the Kingdom Fierce Deity armor set unlock guide
In Breath of the Wild, you had to rely on Majora’s Mask Link Amiibos to unlock the legendary Fierce Deity armor. But fear not, for Tears of the Kingdom takes a different approach.
In Tears of the Kingdom, players are given a choice: either use Majora’s Mask Link to have a chance at getting the Fierce Deity armor, or embark on a journey within the game to find it. However, it’s worth noting that Majora’s Mask Link Amiibos have a chance to drop various items, making them somewhat unpredictable when it comes to acquiring the specific Fierce Deity armor pieces.
Players can find every piece of the Fierce Deity armor set scattered around in the game. The Fierce Deity armor set includes a mask, armor, and boots. You can also find the Fierce Deity Sword by completing a short quest. But first, let’s focus on the Fierce Deity armor set. Here are the locations for each piece of the Fierce Deity set:
How to find the Fierce Deity Mask
- Head to Skull Lake Cave, located in the top right section of the map;
- Once inside the cave, search for a breakable boulder. Destroy the boulder to reveal a passage;
- Be cautious of the skeleton monsters, including the formidable Stalnox, lurking behind the boulder;
- If you wish to avoid confrontation, navigate past the monsters and climb the shrine;
- At the top of the shrine, you discover the coveted Fierce Deity Mask, ready to be claimed.
Related | Where to find and how to complete Rasitakiwak Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
How to find the Fierce Deity Armor
- Journey to the southern region of the Akkala Highlands, specifically the Akkala Citadel Ruins;
- Activate the Domizuin Shrine to unlock the option of fast travel to the ruins;
- Upon arriving at the ruins, make your way to the southwestern corner of the main building;
- Locate the entrance to a chamber that contains a chest housing a crucial piece of the Fierce Deity armor;
- Enter the chamber and observe a hole in the floor leading to yet another shrine;
- Descend into the shrine and discover the cherished Fierce Deity Armor waiting inside a chest.
How to find the Fierce Deity Boots
- Head southwest from Lookout Landing until you reach a lake near Mount Daphnes;
- Proceed to the center of the lake and cross the wooden bridge;
- Use your glider to descend into the Ancient Tree Stump;
- Navigate to the bottom of the cave, cutting through vines along the way;
- In the next chamber, climb up a tree root;
- Cut another set of hanging vines to reach the shrine where the Fierce Deity Boots are housed.
How to find the Fierce Deity Sword
After you have discovered all three pieces of the Fierce Deity Armor set, you can begin your search for the Fierce Deity Sword. To find this sword, you first have to equip the complete Fierce Deity set. Then, fast travel to the Kisinona Shrine and start moving north to find two NPCs talking about Misko’s treasure. These two brothers will deny you entry to the cave, so you need to search for a different path to enter.
To gain access, you must feed a nearby dog some pieces of meat to receive a bonus Ember Armor piece. Once the dog has eaten, it leads Link into the cave. Following the dog’s guidance, you reach a final chamber, where a door will automatically open if all three Fierce Deity armor pieces are equipped.
Related | How to defeat Armored Bokoblins in Tears of the Kingdom
Keep following the dog to a spot where it lies down. Using the Ultrahand skill, you can pull a treasure chest from the ground and obtain the Ember Trousers. Finally, enter the newly opened room and claim the Fierce Deity Sword from the chest. That’s it! With this last piece, you now have the complete Fierce Deity set in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!