In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, there are some special niche Pokeballs called Apricorn Balls, or Apriballs for short. Each of these has a special power that helps you catch certain kinds of Pokemon better than you would if you used a Great Ball or Poke Ball. They will help with Pokemon who have a tendency to run away or need high friendship to evolve. In other games, these were able to be handcrafted using different colors of Apricorns. In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, they are acquired in slightly different ways and can’t be crafted. This is how to get Apricorn Balls in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet and exactly what to use them for.
Every Available Apricorn Ball In Scarlet And Violet
- Moon Ball – These will make catching a Pokemon that uses a Moon Stone to evolve easier.
- Lure Ball – These are for catching Pokemon that live in the water.
- Love Ball – These make catching a Pokemon that is the opposite gender of your Pokemon. easier.
- Level Ball – These are for catching Pokemon at a lower level than yours.
- Friend Ball – This will make the Pokemon caught in it more friendly towards you.
- Fast Ball – These will make catching a Pokemon that is prone to running away easier.
- Heavy Ball – These will make catching large Pokemon easier.
Where To Buy Apricorn Balls
Apricorn Balls cannot be unlocked to win until you reach a certain point in the game. You can bid for the different kinds of Apricorn Balls at the Auctions in Porto Marinada after you finish Gym Leader Kofu’s challenge. Basically, you have to go to Porto Marinada to give Kofu his wallet, where he’ll assign you to win a bid at the auctions as part of his gym test. When you complete this, you’ll be able to try out the auctions for yourself, and maybe collect a few Apricorn Balls. The bidding begins at around 100000 Pokedollars for one, so it’s a heavy investment.
How To Win Apricorn Balls For Free
You can also sometimes get Apricorn Balls by participating in Academy Ace Tournament battles. It does not cost anything to play in them and while the odds of getting a rare ball are nonexistent, it is certainly less financially heavy than the auctions.
Now that you know how to use Apricorn Balls, catching Pokemon will become much easier! Check out Touch Tap Play’s other guides for useful items in Scarlet and Violet!