Need for Speed: Unbound, or NFS Unbound, is one of the most popular racing games available in the market. It received a lot of praise for its aesthetics and open-world street racing mechanics. But some players are disappointed because they are plagued with bugs and errors, like the annoying message “Error Syncing System, contact with customer service error code FTJR2008.”
If you’re one of the players who’ve encountered this issue, don’t worry. In this guide, you can learn all about how to fix the NFS Unbound FTJR2008 error.
How to fix FTJR2008 error in Need for Speed: Unbound
This problem arises when your local file is not synchronized with the servers—that’s why it mostly appears when trying to play multiplayer. Files can’t be loaded, preventing you from playing the game.
There is no official fix for this yet, but there is a temporary solution for it. You must follow these steps:
- Open the NFS Unbound folder in your File Manager;
- It’s usually in this path: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Need For Speed(TM) Unbound\SaveGame\
- Create a new folder in a different location;
- Copy every file in your Game Folder to the new folder;
- Delete the contents of the original folder from the NFS Unbound folder;
- Do not delete the whole folder
- Launch the game;
- Create a newly-saved game file;
- Quit the game;
- Move the contents of the new folder back to the original folder;
- Return to “SaveGame” and replace the new save file with the old one, whose name is “1.”
Related | Top mods in Need for Speed: Unbound
The idea is to let the game replace all the files and keep your progress by replacing the new save file with an old one. Players have reported that this works on their end, and we hope it works on yours too.
All in all, the FTJR2008 Error in Need for Speed: Unbound is a server issue—which means there’s not much you can do to prevent it from happening. And when it does, you can try our fix above. Still, here’s to hoping things get patched, so you never have to see it again.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!