In our article today we are going to cover everything about the Horrorfield survivors and share with you all the important tips and strategies on picking the best survivors in the game according to your play style.
First things first, we are going to tell you how the survivors’ stats work, so you will know exactly what to look for in the characters:
– Speed is the movement speed which matters a lot, because the psychos’ move speed is usually higher than survivors’, because of the bonus when they follow a trail.
– Dexterity is the skill which lets survivors unlock the gates and cages faster. Also, the higher dexterity a survivor has, the faster their tracks vanish.
– Engineering will decrease the time the survivors need to repair generators. This is usually super important, especially to have at least one good “engineer” on the team.
– Medicine will increase the speed of healing, when either healing yourself or a team mate.
– Vitality in the movement speed when you are wounded (which is significantly decreased usually). Vitality points will also count a lot for keeping you alive when inside the cage (captured) and the chance of you getting gravely wounded decreases.
– Morale is super important when it comes to not revealing your location, because high morale means that the survivor will not scream so often, and will help the survivor hold in screams and groans. Morale also helps the survivors by reducing the chance of them exploding the generators.
These skills have different variables for all of the survivors, which makes some of them better at repairing generators than others, and some others better at healing. Of course, depending on your play style you can choose anything that fits, but some of them are not quite worth it in my opinion.
Jack is the starting character in the game, and he is a pretty good one. He has high speed and morale, but his medicine is extremely bad. So you can’t really use him for healing anything. He is good at repairing generators, and his high morale will also help him not scream or explode them often.
Overall, even if he is a free starting character, he is good. Level him up to gain Secret Seals early game and learn his style because he can be a very good survivor to main.
Mary could be a good survivor if the rest of the team is good. She is bad at repairing generators and she will scream a lot, but she could be a good support survivor as she has high dexterity and medicine. However, don’t rely on her as she will scream A LOT.
In my opinion it is not worth unlocking her early on, even if she costs only 5 Secret Seals. Better focus on playing Jack and once you will match with better players, you could start playing Mary too (as the others will know what the objective of the game is and will not die as often).
Gary is a pretty good guy, but he is only good for repairing generators. His other stats are average and it’s really a matter of experience and how good you are at the game (and understanding the objectives). If you are confident you will not get caught, then he can be very good. Else, I wouldn’t recommend.
Lina is very good in my opinion because she has good speed, dexterity and pretty much good overall stats. She will shine however when you upgrade her to level 3 and learn that lock-picker skill which will help her save captured allies.
If you decide to main her, she will have some super useful skills for the team and she will keep the team alive for longer. Oh, and she has stealth too.
Marcus is a strong survivor which can be pretty fun to play as. He has very good stats overall, except for engineering, but he can still try to repair generators. So, he will make for a pretty good survivor if you level him up and learn the skills.
This old man, Phil, is not really worth it in my opinion. He is pretty good at medicine, but other than that he is slow and is average at repairing generators. His skills don’t make him that much better either, but if you master him he could be pretty good.
Charlie is a policeman who is super good. He has high morale and vitality, and his skills allow him to become even better. His very first skill (learned at level 3) will let him give his items to other players, so this can help pretty much anyone.
I definitely suggest getting him if you have the patience to collect the Secret Seals and buy him. His skills are some of the best, so it’s a definite must get in my opinion.
Now I have detailed a little about each survivor available in the game at the moment. Charlie is in my opinion the best, but other than that I think that Jack, Lina and Marcus can be some really good survivors too.