Gorou is an upcoming playable character in Genshin Impact who is slated to release in the version 2.3 update. He is a Geo element user whose weapon of choice is a bow. Gorou is presumably a great support character that many players are looking forward to building.
Related | Genshin Impact Gorou Ascension Materials and How to Get Them
In this Genshin Impact Gorou’s character details guide, we will share Gorou’s abilities, constellations, passive talents, and other details leaked/data-mined so far.
Gorou’s Elemental Skill
Gorou’s elemental skill is called Inuzaka All-Round Defense and here is what it does:-
Inuzaka All-Round Defense
Deals Area of Effect Geo Damage and sets up a General’s War Banner.
General’s War Banner
Provides the following buffs based on the number of party members who are of the Geo Element:
- Having 1 Geo party member grants “Standing Firm”: Defense Bonus.
- Having 2 Geo party members adds the “Impregnable” effect: grants resistance to interruption.
- Having 3 party members adds the “Shatter” effect: grants a Geo Damage Bonus.
- Only 1 General’s War Banner that Gorou created himself can exist on the field at any one time. Characters can only benefit from 1 General’s War Banner at a time.
“Take up this formation and we’ll be safe—I guarantee it!” As a general and a leader of troops, the last thing Gorou wants is to see those who follow him getting hurt.
Gorou’s Elemental Burst
Gorou’s elemental burst aka ultimate ability is called Juuga: Forward Unto Victory and here is what it does:-
Juuga: Forward Unto Victory
Displaying his valor as a general, Gorou deals Area of Effect Geo Damage and creates a field known as General’s Glory to embolden his comrades.
This field has the following properties:
- It has the same effects as the General’s War Banner created by Inuzaka All-Round Defense, providing buffs based on the number of party members whose Element is Geo. It will also move together with your active character.
- Generates 1 Crystal Collapse every 1.5 seconds that deals Area of Effect Geo Damage to 1 opponent with its Area of Effect.
- It will pull elemental shards created by the Crystallize Reaction within its Area of Effect to your active character’s position every 1.5 seconds.
- If a General’s War Banner created by Gorou himself currently exists on the field when this ability is used, it will be destroyed. Additionally, using Inuzaka All-Round Defense while General’s Glory is active will not create a General’s War Banner.
- If Gorou falls in battle, the General’s Glory effects that he activated himself will be canceled.
“We have the high ground!” Gorou can ever-so-slightly change the terrain of the battlefield to help win victory. This technique has seen him through many battles against seemingly superior opposition.
Here are Gorou’s constellations:
Constellation Level 1: Rushing Hound: Swift as the Wind
When characters (other than Gorou himself) within the Area of Effect of a General’s War-Banner of General’s Glory created by Gorou himself deal Geo Damage to opponents, the countdown of Gorou’s Inazuka All-Round Defense is decreased by 2 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
Constellation Level 2: Sitting Hound: Steady as a Clock
When an active character within the Area of Effect of General’s Glory obtains an Elemental Shard from a Crystallize Reaction, Gorou’s own General’s Glory duration is increased by 1 second. Its duration can be increased by a maximum of 3 seconds.
Constellation Level 3: Mauling Hound: Fierce as Fire
Increases the Level of Inuzaka All-Round Defense by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Constellation Level 4: Lapping Hound: Warm as Water
When General’s Glory is in the “Impregnable” or “Shatter” states, it will also heal the active character within its Area of Effect every 1.5 seconds for 50% of Gorou’s own Defense.
Constellation Level 5: Striking Hound: Thunderous Force
Increases the Level of Juuga: Forward Unto Victory by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Constellation Level 6: Valiant Hound: Mountainous Fealty
When the General’s War Banner or General’s Glory are currently providing buffs of the “Standing Firm,” “Impregnable,” and “Shatter” levels, the Critical Damage of Geo Damage dealt by all party members is increased by 10%/20%/40% respectively.
Gorou’s Passive Talents
Here are Gorou’s passive talents:
Seeker of Shinies
Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Inazuma on the mini-map.
Heedless of the Wind and Weather [Unlocked at Ascension 1]
When using Juuga: Forward Unto Victory, all party members’ Defense is increased by 25 percent until the duration of General’s Glory ends.
A Favor Repaid [Unlocked at Ascension 4]
Gorou receives the following Damage Bonuses to his attacks based on his Defense:
Inuzaka All-Round Defense’s Skill Damage is increased by 156 percent of his Defense
Juuga: Forward Unto Victory’s Skill Damage and Crystal Collapse Damage is increased by 15.6% of Defense.
Check out our Genshin Impact 2.2 guides page for other coverage related to the version 2.2 update.
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play gacha-based role-playing game currently available on PC, PS4, PS5, Android, and iOS.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!