Have you ever wondered what are the best Combos that you can get when you deploy certain amounts of heroes in Chess Rush? Or what are actually all the combos from deploying heroes? Well, if you have – so have I! And that’s exactly why I’m here!
In today’s article we are going to explain all of the bonuses that you can get from deploying certain amounts of heroes from a faction and class, and teach you everything about the combos in game – how to achieve them, how to maximize them and much more!
So if you are here to learn all about the combos in Chess Rush, then you’re in the right place! Make sure you first take a look at our game guide to learn all of the basics of the game, and once you know exactly what you need to take into consideration when playing, we can dive into the combos!
Chess Rush – What are Combos?
Combos are basically a set of bonuses that you can get for deploying a certain number of heroes belonging to the same class and faction. These are extra stats which can apply either to all heroes deployed, or to the certain faction heroes.
The combos can get better depending on the amount of heroes of that faction you have, but since heroes have both a class and a species, you can have multiples combos active at the same time (and you definitely should).
You can see how many you have active by checking in the top left corner during the games the icons that are available there. Once the icon is not grayed out anymore, it means that the certain combo is activated.
Chess Rush – How to activate Combos?
In order to activate the combos you will need to have a certain number of different heroes from the same species or class deployed. So for example if you deploy Frost Lotus twice, you will not get the bonus for having 2 Humans! It only applies if you have different heroes belonging to the same Species / Class deployed!
Also, the Combos don’t activate if you have the heroes on the side, but only if you have them on the field! However, you can keep them on the side to upgrade them or to build towards a different combo.
Chess Rush – Species Combos:
Here I have prepared the full list of combos that you can get for every species of heroes in the game!
– 2 Humans: restores 5 MP every second for all allies.
– 4 Humans: 20% chance to reset ability’s cooldown and restore 100 MP. Applies to all Humans.
– 6 Humans: 50% chance to reset ability’s cooldown and restore 100 MP. Applies to all Humans.
– 3 Elves: 25% chance to dodge attacks. Applies to all Elves.
– 6 Elves: 44% chance to dodge attacks. Applies to all Elves.
– 2 Beasts: 10% increased attack damage. Applies to all allies.
– 4 Beasts: 40% chance to summon a Pet at the beginning of the battle.
– 6 Beasts: 60% chance to summon a Pet at the beginning of the battle.
– 3 Cyborgs: increase 1 random ally’s armor by 75 and health regen by 30.
– 6 Cyborgs: increase all Cyborgs’ armor by 75 and health regen by 30.
– 2 Furries: all Furries receive a shield that absorbs 800 damage.
– 4 Furries: all Furries receive a shield that absorbs 2000 damage.
– 2 Goblins: +35% attack speed for all Goblins.
– 4 Goblins: +35% attack speed for all allies.
– 2 Undead: reduce all enemies’ armor by 20.
– 4 Undead: reduce all enemies’ armor by 50.
– 1 Demon: 40% increased attack damage and Demon’s attacks causes target to take 10% more damage for 5 seconds.
– 2 Oceanborns: increase the magic resist of all allies by 20.
– 4 Oceanborns: random ally receives Ability Immunity for 60 seconds. (immune to abilities)
– 2 Void: decrease random enemy’s max health by 50%.
– 2 Dragons: restore 30 mana at the beginning of the battle. Applies to all Dragons.
– 3 Dragons: restore 100 mana at the beginning of the battle. Applies to all Dragons.
– Jelly: When you have 2 identical heroes, you can drag Gurru (the green jelly guy) with same star on either of the heroes to combine them into a higher star grade hero. (for example 2x 2* heroes + 1x 2* Gurru = 1x 3* hero)
Chess Rush – Class Combos:
Now you know there is the Species Combos, but another thing which will count towards the combos is also the Class of the heroes! Usually the heroes have at least 1 Species and 1 Class, but some of them can have more – so you can imagine that you can make a ton of combos when taking into consideration everything!
– 3 Warriors: increase armor by 40. Applies to all Warriors.
– 6 Warriors: increase armor by 100. Applies to all Warriors.
– 3 Assassins: grant invisibility to all Assassins at the beginning of the battle and increase the first attack by 250%. All subsequent attacks have a 10% chance to make them invisible again.
– 6 Assassins: grant invisibility to all Assassins at the beginning of the battle and increase the first attack by 250%. All subsequent attacks have a 50% chance to make them invisible again.
– 3 Sorcerers: reduce enemy’s magic resistance by 30.
– 6 Sorcerers: reduce enemy’s magic resistance by 60.
– 2 Riders: 25% chance to get 150 armor and 60% magic resist. Applies to all Riders.
– 4 Riders: 45% chance to get 185 armor and 65% magic resist. Applies to all Riders.
– 6 Riders: 65% chance to get 230 armor and 70% magic resist. Applies to all Riders.
– 3 Hunters: increase attack damage by 25%. Applies to all Hunters.
– 6 Hunters: increase attack damage by 60%. Applies to all Hunters.
– 2 Warlocks: increase life steal by 15% and all excess healing becomes a shield. Applies to all allies.
– 4 Warlocks: increase life steal by 25% and all excess healing becomes a shield. Applies to all allies.
– 2 Engineers: increase health regen by 45. Applies to all Engineers.
– 4 Engineers: increase health regen by 120. Applies to all Engineers.
– 2 Druids: 2 identical 1* Druids can be combined into a 2* one instead of 3. Restore 10 mana to all allies within 1 grin upon death.
– 4 Druids: 2 identical 2* Druids can be combined into a 3* one instead of 3. Restore 20 mana to all allies within 1 grin upon death.
– 1 Punisher: Punisher will be treated as an enemy Demon.
– 2 Punishers: ally Demons will be treated as Punishers, but they keep their bonuses.
– 4 Punishers: normal attacks deal 35% physical damage to units within 1 grid. Applies to all Punishers.
These would be all the combo bonuses in Chess Rush that you can perform! I really think that you should try various combos here, because some of them seem like they are really powerful together!
For example I really like the Void – Hunter – Goblin bonuses, as well as some others which I really think would make a team super powerful. What are some of your favorite combos? Let me know down in the comments section below!