Effie, the gentle armored giant from Fire Emblem Fates, has joined the battle in Fire Emblem Heroes! Being an Armored unit, Effie can storm the front lines and soak up hits for her team. Today, we’ll show you the best builds for Effie in Fire Emblem Heroes!
FEH Effie: Army of One – Best Builds
- HP: 47/50/53 (65%)
- ATK: 37/40/43 (65%)
- SPD: 19/22/25 (40%)
- DEF: 29/33/36 (50%)
- RES: 20/23/27 (45%)
- Overall: 167-169
- Effie’s Lance: At start of combat, if unit’s HP ≥ 50%, grants Atk+6 during combat. Can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.
- Weapon Refinery Upgrade: During unit’s first combat in player phase or enemy phase, Inflicts Atk/Def-5 on foe and neutralizes foe’s bonuses to Atk/Def (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.
- Smite: Pushes target ally 2 spaces away.
This unit has no inherent specials.
- Death Blow (A): If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.
- Wary Fighter (B): If unit’s HP ≥ 50%, unit and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
Strategy & Builds
Effie is a fairly straightforward Armored unit. She’s got high Atk and Def, meaning she can shrug off most physical attacks with relative ease. Being an Armored unit means that she has to be careful of magic attackers though, as she has low Res. Despite this, with Wary Fighter, she can go in for the kill if you’re sure that she’s going to one-hit kill the target, as it won’t let them follow-up attack.
With Effie’s high Atk, you can build her a variety of ways. You can make her focus on defense by giving her a special like Noontime, then give her lots of ways to retaliate during the enemy phase, including passives like Distant Counter and Vengeful Fighter. This will make Effie essentially indestructible thanks to her HP recovery. For even more tankiness, you can also put Pulse Smoke on her to deny nearby enemy specials. The end result is a super tanky Effie that can still dish out a lot of damage.
On the flip side, you can also turn Effie into an aggressive army of one with passives like her inherent Death Blow and Bold Fighter. With Armor March, you can slightly negate the inherent Armored unit movement penalty, and you can make Effie go after enemies and wipe them out. Specials like Galeforce can help her keep the pressure on. As always, just watch out for weapons effective against Armored units and magic attackers.
That concludes our guide on Effie in Fire Emblem Heroes. If you have any other build recommendations, let us know in the comments below!