After a long wait since the latest game developed by Platinum Games, Astral Chain is now finally available worldwide on Nintendo Switch. The game is an extremely polished experience with very little issues, but some are still present and a new update has been released not only to fix them but also to improve the gameplay experience with some tweaks.
The new Astral Chain update, which is the first one releasing for the game, introduces some tweaks to items, such as introducing a sort function for the menu, the ability to sell multiple goods at vendors and some UI tweaks.
The 1.0.1 update also tweaks game balance in unspecified ways and fixes some bugs that locked up the game and corrupted the save file.
You can find the full update notes below.
- Functional Changes and Additions
- Added Item Sort function to the menu.
- Multiple goods can now be sold at once at shops.
- The “Temporary Field Supply” item icon has been adjusted for visual clarity.
- “Temporary Field Supply” items are those that can only be used during the “FILE” in play
- When using items from the shortcut menu, “Temporary field supply” items of the same name will now automatically be prioritized and used instead.
- Added a “Type” category to the ability codes Sort function.
- Added a function to delete multiple ability codes at once.
- General Changes
- Adjusted game balance.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game during the training mode could cause lock ups.
- Fixed an issue where specific steps would lead to the order “Ark Tourist” being impossible to complete.
- Fixed an issue where opening the menu and returning to the title screen at a specific timing before an autosave would cause save data to be corrupted.
- Additionally fixed several issues to allow for a more comfortable gameplay experience.
Astral Chain is a game that masterfully combines features taken from previous titles developed by Platinum Games while adding a new and unique spin. The cyberpunk setting is also extremely interesting, and so is the general game flow, which goes beyond the simple action gameplay flow seen in other games from the studio. If you liked Nier Automata, you will definitely enjoy Astral Chain as well, since the RPG mechanics are more prominent than ever in the new game.
Astral Chain is now available on Nintendo Switch in all regions.